A few random notes:
- Thanks for all the mini-contest entries! I’ll be reading them this week and posting some of them next week.
- Good news for Heroes fans at MIT: Masi Oka, who plays the lovable and awesome Hiro Nakamura on the NBC series Heroes, has signed on to the film 21, a movie adaptation of the book about the MIT Blackjack Team. Kevin Spacey is producing and is rumored to also be in the film.
- I don’t know if you caught it in all the pre-deadline craziness, but a recent entry by Melis entitles Everybody Loves A Math Joke is now the most popular post ever on the MIT blogs, thanks in part to its posting on digg.com, where it received more than 2000 diggs (!).
- Two items from New Jersey: 1. Jun Choi ’94 was elected mayor of Edison; 2. Michael Rodburg ’68 has been named Chairman of the American Conference on Diversity.
- I’ll be answering more questions hopefully next week.
- Finally today (as you may have read in JKim’s blog), the inventor of instant Ramen noodles died last week. Momofuku Ando was 96 years old. Instant noodles have become a staple of life for many college students. Piled Higher and Deeper memorialized Ando in the comic below.