The first substantial snowfall was yesterday, December 9. Things about snow:
- Don’t welcome it with a fire alarm and evacuation at 9:30 AM (cough. Next House, Monday morning).
- Your backpack: not as waterproof to it as you thought.
- Silly: how grass looks like a bad shave when it’s half-hidden under a thin layer of it.
- Stupid: when rain falls on it, and it becomes slush.
- More stupid: rain’s bastard little half-brother, hail.
- Things I’m now very glad I own: (a) hats. (b) scarf. (c). overcoat. (d). sweaters for layering. (e) boots.
- Things I now wish I own: (a) hat that covers ears. (b). boots that reach past ankles. (c). waterproof notebooks (see 2.)
- Delightful crunching sounds turn into less delightful squelching sounds after a while (see 4.)
- Everything is wet.
- It’s beautiful.