Waitlist, Etc. by Ben Jones

Oh, boy, I feel like I have so much to tell you guys and yet things keep intruding upon my blogging time. A big part of my next entry will answer a question I frequently receive: “So now that the class has been admitted, do you guys get to just relax until fall travel starts up again?” (Hah! The answer is definitely ‘no’ – elaboration to come.)

But I can’t let today end without a brief comment about the waitlist.

As you’ve likely seen on Matt’s blog, we went to the waitlist today and offered admission to 30 additional students. Matt has said pretty much everything I would have said in his entry – please read it.

I’ll just add that a couple of the people of whom I spoke in this entry were admitted today. I can’t begin to tell you how that feels, after all this time. Maybe I’ll have the words when I next write. But today – instead of feeling such sadness as I did after RA selection, I’m sharing the happiness of the waitlist admits and feeling a sense of closure to the ’10 cycle.

Congrats to all the members of MIT ’10 – and to those who were not admitted to MIT this year, I know you will shine wherever you land next year.

11 responses to “Waitlist, Etc.”

1. ALWKEJRLAWKEJRL;AWKJRL;AWKRJLAWKEJRLA;WKEJRLAWKJE

ALWKEJR;LAKWJERL;AKWEJR;LAKWJERL;AKWJRLAWKEJRLWAK

AWOIERJALWKEJRALWKJRLAWKRJAWLKRJAWLKERJLWKEJRLWKE

2. Omar '10 says:

It’s great to know that you are actually using your waiting list smile

You people are awesome

3. Okay, I’ve calmed down just a bit. grin

See everyone in the fall!!!

4. JKim says:

WOOOO!! MORE PEOPLE!!! <3333

Congrats Xtina and everybody else :D

5. I am so happy for myself and every one of those 29 others who got taken off the waitlist. I also wish everyone else the very best the world has to offer at other great institutions. Thank you MIT!

6. Arka says:

Thanks Ben and thanks everybody at MIT, for giving me a chance to enjoy education at MIT.

Woohoooo! MIT’10 here I come.

Yay!!!

Cheers!

And congrats to all of those who go in off the waitlist.

Arka

7. Adnan Esmail says:

How can I find out if MIT has received and processed my acceptance notice? I can’t wait to get my @MIT.EDU address setup!

Xtina’s in now? Woo hoo!

“Honor of Iraq” – while personally I agree with you on many levels, this is an MIT admissions blog and is not the proper forum for the kind of polarized politicial discussion that will undoubtedly arise from your comment. As such, I have removed it.

I encourage you to find a more appropriate place to discuss the topic, as it is certainly worthy.

Thanks Jess and Keri! SEE YOU SOON. :-D

Adnan – just sent you email…