Your Early Action Deadline Questions by Matt McGann '00

The deadline is this Monday, November 1.

*Update as of 2015: Early action is available to both domestic and international students.

The Early Action deadline is fast approaching — it is this Monday, November 1.

In an effort to be helpful and ease some anxiety, I'm happy to answer some of your last minute questions in this thread.

However, before you submit your question (in the comments below), I'd like to ask you to really look for the answer here on the site — there's no need to ask basic questions, for example, about standardized test requirements or statistics. If you have a question though that doesn't seem to already have been answered, though, I am more than happy to help.

A few FAQs:

• The deadline is November 1, meaning you can submit your application any time on November 1 or before. (I don't recommend waiting until the last minute, though.)
  • It is okay if your teacher recommendations are later than the deadline. We are very flexible with your teacher recommendations.
  • The MyMIT Tracking is up-to-date, but please recognize that processing can take 1-2 weeks. You do not need to worry at this time about documents that are not showing on MyMIT; we currently have a backlog of materials in our processing center, and expect to have that backlog into November. Do not worry.

I will check back in a few times over the weekend — but not all the time, so please be patient (for example, I'll be at w00tstock most of late Sunday).

Without further ado… ask away!

Did you all see the Halloween hack?

—> Update Friday 10pm:

Aliana wrote: I recently paid the $75 for Part 1 and then submitted Part 1. When I next went onto MyMIT,however, there was no sign that I had paid and the submit button was still there. Do you know what may have gone wrong?

@Aliana: Please post another comment with the email address that you use for your MyMT account. Only I will be able to see that email address, and it will allow me to look up your application and see what's going on.

Meera wrote: I am a little worried that some of my grades on my Self Reported Coursework form might be a point or two off, based on how you average the grades on my transcript. So is it okay if they are a point off, or will I be penalized?

@Meera: You should fill out the Self Reported Coursework form with your transcript in front of you. As best I can tell, your school gives a grade for each semester but not a final or averaged grade. As such, you should fill out the Self Reported Coursework form by filling in the course name, then the two semester grades. Like this:

Geometry 96 93

(substitute actual class you took and grades you got)

In short: on the Self Reported Coursework form, you should be putting down whatever is on your transcript.

Fun fact: MIT will be playing in the Quidditch World Cup next month.

—> Update Saturday 1:30pm:

Mitchell wrote: Regarding November SAT testing: Do I need to make MIT a direct score recipient or do I have time to receive the scores and send them to you myself?

@Mitchell: If you make MIT a direct recipient, I can guarantee that we can consider your scores for EA; if you don't, I can't.

Sarun wrote: If one of my essays is not…well, a conventional essay but it answers the question, will admissions be okay with it? I know MIT appreciates creativity but how strictly are essays evaluated?

@Sarun: In the essays, we're looking to learn more about you. If it accomplishes that goal, it will be a successful approach.

rupesh wrote: Now i am doing B.E in nepal.H can i apply for full scholasship in MIT for M.E.?

@rupesh: In short: yes, see graduate admissions.

shanny wrote: I have tried to contact my EC for the last 3 weeks and he didn't respond. so I called the admissions office and they reassigned a different EC for me. I contacted him, and we scheduled to have the interview on next friday. Would it be too late for us to have the interview? Is it too late for him to send in the report?

@shanny: Not at all, you'll be fine.

Ishwarya wrote: There were a couple of things regarding awards, honors, and activities which couldn't get on Part II of my MIT application because we were restricted to listing the top 5. To shed light on my other achievements, can I send in a resume as a supplement to my application? If so, can it be faxed directly to the admissions office?

@Ishwarya: In general, I would recommend putting this in the Question 14 ("Anything else?") in the Part 2. However, since you've already submitted your Part 2 (thank you for doing this in advance of the deadline!), faxing it in will be good. Download the Supplemental Document Cover Sheet from MyMIT (click on "Application Forms") and fax it in along with your resume. I would recommend a 1 page resume.

CW wrote: Does MIT ask for first quarter grades from Early Action applicants?

@CW: We don't ask for it. If you have them now, you can put them on your self-reported coursework form in the Part 2, though.

Ava wrote: I've had the same problems as Aliana. Is it possible to check my email account?

@Ava: We have your Part 1 and application fee, no problems that I can see.

SL wrote: My High school didn't have a math club nor a science club, but I wanted to participate in a math or science competition. I didn't get a chance to participate in the Science Olympiads nor the math Olympiads. Does that put me at a disadvantage compared to other applicants? also, since I participated in very few competitions, I have very few things to write under the "Distinctions" section in the application. Does that also put me at a disadvantage?

@SL: We want to see that you've made the most of your opportunities, not just in math/science but also in the rest of life. So we will evaluate you within the context of your opportunities. You don't need math/science distinctions to be admitted, but we will want to see some excitement for the analytical disciplines — but you can do that in many ways.

SR wrote: Is the deadline for the art supplement postmarked date?

@SR: Yes.

anxious wrote: I'm and international applicant and got a 97 in TOEFL and 710 in maths IIC and 730 in physics. I want to know whether I have any chances with these scores or else I would take another test on Nov 5. Pls help.

@anxious: Yes, we have admitted students at or around those scores.

Daniel wrote: I have submitted both parts of my application, and I have one question. I know when I filled out part 2 to the app, I was asked to give names and emails of the teachers and counselor/principal that I am asking to evaluate me. Will it be sent electronically to them, or do they have to fill it out by paper and mail it in?

@Daniel: You should print out the recommendation forms from MyMIT and give it to them to mail in. The contact information in Part 2 is for us to contact the teacher if we have any questions.

CW wrote: In the self-reported course work section, are we supposed to put a grade for courses we are currently taking?

@CW: You should certainly list all of the courses you are currently taking. If there are grades on your transcript now for those courses (e.g. first quarter grades) then you should list those on your self reported coursework as well.

Luke wrote: I'm reviewing my essays and a few of them are about 120 words (for the 100 word limit). I was wondering if the limit is very strict and I should cut them down or if it was just to keep them to a general length. Do you think I'll be ok without shortening them?

@Luke: You'll be okay as is.

I missed Nightmarket last night :(

—> Update Sunday 11:15am:

Savannah wrote: I had the same problem as Aliana, Could you check mine as well please?

@Savannah: It doesn't look like your Part 1 was submitted. I would try to submit it again. If you find you have been charged the application fee multiple times, let us know and we will reverse the charges.

Catherine wrote: I sent my SAT scores to MIT when I first took the tests, about a year ago. But on the tracker page testing requirements is not checked off. How do I know if MIT got the scores? Do I need to send them again?

@Catherine: If you comment again with the email address you signed up for your MyMIT account with, I can look into your situation.

anon wrote: I took the SAT test twice. One of my tests has all my best scores. Do I need to send in both sets of scores?

@anon: Not for MIT.

Isaque wrote: I have been taking some courses at MIT. Even though these courses won't count for college credit, all my psets and exams are graded. However, these courses appear in my high school transcript just as "Dual Enrollment". Should I list them in the Self-reported course work as "Dual Enrollment" or should I use the actual name of the courses? Another question: Should I also list the courses that I am taking this year or just the courses that I already took?

@Isaque: I would list the name of the course, perhaps with a short note of what it is. For example:

MIT 18.01 (independent study for credit)

Also, yes, you should list the courses you are currently taking as well as courses already taken.

Erik wrote: I am sending in a trumpet supplement, and have it almost completed, but I was wondering: I play piano actively and compete with piano solos, but haven't had a piano teacher since middle school. Can I still send in a Music Supplement without a Letter of Recommendation?

@Erik: I would give it a shot.

LA wrote: If I report my SAT scores today (October 30) can I be sure MIT will get them in time?

@LA: Yes.

Tanner wrote: My school's transcript shows only the letter grades of each semester. Should I try and find, or else remember the percentage grade, or should I just type the letter grade? Also, I took a year of German in Middle School, I tested a year of German in High School, and I have taken enough music classes that they won't all fit in the additional classes. How should I communicate these classes?

@Tanner: Sorry if my example above for Meera was confusing. Since her school gives semester grades on a 0-100 scale, she should list those. Since your school gives semester grades on an A-F scale, you should report those. And for your additional classes, you could put multiple music classes on one line. For example:

Band (every semester 9-12) A

That assumes you had mostly the same grade each semester. Other options would be to note it in the "Anything about your school's grading system" box or in the "Anything else?" box at the end.

Sarah wrote: My counselor left on sick leave, so a different counselor wrote my letter of rec. However I already submitted Part II with the other counselor's name. Is that ok?

@Sarah: Yes, that's fine.

LA wrote: I have taken both SAT Biology and SAT Chemistry. Should I report both? If so, where/how?

@LA: You are welcome to send both scores to us. You need not write both scores on the app.

Max K. wrote: I won a full-scholarship to the University of Illinois for my participation in Science Olympiad. I put my accomplishments in my particular events on the application, but I am wondering if MIT would like to hear about the scholarship as well. I have one more blank on my scholastic distinctions section and I am wondering if you think it is appropriate to include. Would MIT rather not know about scholarships other schools are offering?

@Max: I say go ahead and write it in the extra blank. It sounds like it's something to be proud of.

Joseph wrote: I have already submitted all of my application materials, but it appears that I made a slight error with the "Self-Reported Coursework." I only put the final grade, as in the one I received in June, omitting the January grades which were required as well. Is this a problem? Or is it fine considering you'll be having my transcript handy?

@Joseph: I wouldn't worry about it. It was an honest mistake, and as you note, we will have your transcript on hand.

Rupa wrote: I've taken a lot of AP and IB classes, but there aren't enough spaces for all of my exam scores/AP and IB classes. Should I put that in #14 of Part 2, or send in a score report? Also, I just recently convinced my school to start doing the Physics Olympiad this year, so I don't have any scores or anything for it, but I've been studying/practicing for it, so can I put it as a club/activity that I do, or no?

@Rupa: Putting it in #14 would work. And you can absolutely but Physics Olympiad down as an activity.

Rupa wrote: Also, my school doesn't provide numerical scores on transcripts, etc. and I don't have all my old tests/hw/quizzes/etc. from years ago, to calculate it, can I just report letter grades for the self-reported coursework? Also, are there certain requirements for what is in the art portfolio, or can it be any art we want to send in?

@Rupa: Sorry if my example above for Meera was confusing. Since her school gives semester grades on a 0-100 scale, she should list those. Since your school gives letter grades, you should report those. All I know about the art portfolio is written here. I think you can send in whatever you like.

Maria wrote: I live in Korea. And Korea has a long winter break. I want to indicate my winter activities as well. Can I just do it under summer activities? (or are you just asking for what I did for summer?)

@Maria: I think winter activities, given your long break, would be appropriate if you'd like to list them.

Ayantu wrote: I'm putting finishing touches and checking my application for any errors and I have a question about the short answer section. When answering the questions I wrote vignettes for some of them instead of giving direct answers. What I wrote still answers the questions, just not in an overt way. Is that ok? I also had a question about SAT subject tests. I recently retook the reasoning test and saw a huge improvement and I think I might be able to improve on the subject tests as well. Is it generally frowned upon to retake subject tests?

@Ayantu: If you have answered the questions, I'm sure you'll be fine. And it is not frowned upon to retake subject tests.

Simon wrote: Under "Subjects taken or to be taken", should I mark calculus if I am self studying for the AP exam, but not enrolled in any formal course?

@Simon: Sure. You could even write, "AP Calculus (self study)."

Kevin: It shouldn't be a huge deal, since we have your official scores. Feel free to drop us a quick email with the correction and we'll add it to you file.

Trent wrote: When can we start on next years application? Is it different enough that it matters? Can I send my teacher recomendation early?

@Trent: You can start working on next year's application next summer. I have no idea how similar or different next year's app will be. Please do not send your recommendation letters until next fall.

PlzAnsMe wrote: Can i still apply for undergraduate admission to MIT, without being at a disadvantage?? or is there an upper age limit ??? I'm 23 years old now. Also, since it's been 6 long years, i have absolutely no contact with my school, and thus the teachers, so it would be impossible for me to get any sort of teacher recommendations.

@PlzAnsMe: You are welcome to apply; we have no age limits. You won't need teacher recommendations, but we will want to see some recommendations, perhaps from a current boss or colleague, as well as transcripts from your former school.

Hyo wrote: I have a question about sending the teacher evaluations and secondary school report. My guidance counselor said that our school is using the Naviance system to upload and send the documents to colleges. Yesterday, he said that he sent all my recommendation letters and school reports via Naviance. When I logged in to My MIT account and checked the application tracking section, it says that MIT hasn't received them yet. Does it take some time for the documents to get processed?

@Hyo: Yes. Please be patient as we process tens of thousands of documents. I'll let you know when you'll need to be concerned about missing materials, probably in two weeks or so.

Jack wrote: I'm a junior applying for admission. I am able to leave high school early (I've taken math through calculus, 5 years of sciences, etc.,) however I would not do so unless I was admitted this year. Should I still fill out the "Are you graduating from secondary school early or without a diploma?" question?

@Jack: Yes, you should. It won't put you at any disadvantage (I had to fill out that question too!).

Here's a historical MIT Halloween hack for you: the Great Pumpkin, Halloween 1962.

—> Update: Sunday early evening, pre-w00tstock

Marcel wrote: I studied outside of the U.S until 10th grade, the grading system is different from the one here, I however wrote the courses down in the Self-reported work but without the grades and then sent a transcript from my school to MIT Admission. Is that okay?

@Marcel: That is okay. It would also be okay to write down the grades from the other schooling system, as we are familiar with many.

Jack wrote: A few quick things on the SRCW section: Should we include classes that we are currently taking, even if we don't have the grades? And how do we include classes taken over the Summer, or high school classes taken before 9th grade? Also, for the "What department appeals to you?" essay, should we talk about details of MIT's program, or just the discipline in General? A small last-minute concern, sorry.

@Jack: Yes, you should include current classes and summer classes. You are welcome to also include pre-HS HS classes if you have room. For the department/program essay, some people have done one or the other, and some both.

Kay wrote: For the awards section, what is the level of distinction for Book Awards? The Rensselaer Medal? I know recipients are selected by their respective high schools, but students throughout the state and nation get them.

@Kay: There's no good answer to your question; I'm sorry that our app forces you to have to choose one. Some students have chosen school, some have chosen national or international. All of these are technically right, and no matter what you choose, I assure you we do know about the Rensselaer Medal and most Book Awards.

Raluca wrote: Would it be acceptable to fax a resume as Supplemental Material that includes a research paper abstract + layperson's summary and a longer description of a couple of my activities than there is room for on the application? I know that research paper abstracts and summaries should be included in the optional section of Part 2, but I also wanted to include an additional essay there and if I added the abstract as well, it would be over a page.

@Raluca: Sure; be certain to include the Supplemental Documents Cover Sheet.

EL wrote: I was thinking about sending a 600-word essay that reveals my choppy childhood (I've moved between quite a few times since I was born) and a lesson I gleaned from my parent's constant moving. The essay is something I would have loved to fit into the prompt about describing the world I come from, but I am unable to condense it to 200-250 words without compromising the meaning of the essay. What do you suggest I do?

@EL: You are welcome to send the essay as a supplemental essay, perhaps using Question 14 if it fits.

JDM wrote: Is there any particular browser you use to look at the URL we submit in Part 2? Of course it will be standards-compliant and should work universally, but I wouldn't want to miss testing one that turns out to be important :P

@JDM: It will probably be Safari or Firefox on a Mac.

Happy November 1! It's EA deadline day!

—> Update Monday 10:15am:

Elise wrote: I have a separate letter of recommendation from a program I'd like to provide and I've already sent my entire application in. How do I get this added to my application packet?

@Elise: Download the Supplemental Document Cover Sheet from MyMIT (click on "Application Forms") and fax it in.

victor wrote: I'm visiting MIT on the 1st and 2nd, would it be appropriate to hand-deliver supplemental materials if I'm going to mail them anyways?

@victor: You're welcome to do that (it won't give you any "bonus points," though). Have a great visit!

John wrote: I have a question about financial aid. I have already applied Early Action. Do I need to send in as CSS Profile BEFORE February 15 (i.e. Is there a different deadline for EA applicants)? What about the FAFSA?

@John: There is no separate financial aid deadline for EA vs. RA applicants. You can turn in your Profile/FAFSA/etc. anytime before February 15. There is no advantage for turning it in today vs. on February 15.

Kevin wrote: The website says that MIT notifies early applicants by mid-December. Does this mean that we could find out anywhere from November 1st through mid-December or does MIT wait to notify everyone in mid-December?

@Kevin: We will notify everyone on the same date in mid-December.

Zoe wrote: For the music supplement, is there any sort of required formatting for the music resume? Is a bulleted list okay?

@Zoe: Sounds great!

Tim K. wrote: I read Tanner's question from yesterday, and your response. When I was filling out the Self Reported Coursework section, I thought I was following the directions when I just listed the most recent class first, followed by previous classes, in the "Other" Subject Area section, until I ran out of room. In other words, I did NOT list all of my "other" classes, since they wouldn't all fit. I didn't list them anywhere on the application. I wasn't worried about it, because I knew you'd have my transcript in hand. Is my interpretation of the instructions just fine? (I listed all courses taken in all the main academic subjects. It's just the "Other" subjects that I didn't list in full.)

@Tim: You need not worry. We will see your transcript.

Grant wrote: Last spring break i visited MIT, and i did some cool things there, such as talk to some profeseurs. Do you think that i could talk about that visit in the optional section on section 9 of the part 2, or do you think that that does not fit the prompt? Or do you think that it should go somewhere else on the form?

@Grant: That would be fine.

Andy wrote: I want to send a supplemental video regarding my job as an entertainer with my application. Can I do so by sending it on a CD with a letter explaining the video via the United States Postal Service? I should be able to get it postmarked by November 1st.

@Andy: That would work. Any chance you could post the video online?

Danielle wrote: Today i submitted my application! BUT an hour later i realized that i forgot to add one of my most important summer activities!!!!!! I have to say that i am freaking out!! What can i do such that it can be added on to my application!?!?!

@Danielle: No need to freak out. Feel free to drop us an email and ask that the email be added to your file.

Rupa wrote: This is a very last minute question, but I just googled MIT essays tips to see if there were any tips for writing the essays/proofreading them which might be helpful, and I found that someone, a few years ago, had written an essay on a topic very similar to mine–how our physics teachers have influenced us. I've already done my essay and edited it and everything, and I don't want to change it, but I'm afraid that it will hurt me that someone else has written a similar essay and posted it on the internet. Should I rewrite my essay? Or just make sure to include specific examples so it's obvious that my teacher is different, especially since the essays are not very similar in any aspects other than that mine is also about how my physics teacher has influenced me? The ways my teacher has influenced me are different. Should I change me essay?

@Rupa: I don't think you need to change it. There aren't really any unique essay topics anyway. I care more about you and what I can learn about you than how unique your essay is. So as long as your essay gives me insight into you as a person, it will be a successful essay.

Erik wrote: Using the Online Application, can you submit up until 11:59 on November 1st, or do you have to click submit by 12:00am tonight (October 31st)??

@Erik: As I wrote above: The deadline is November 1, meaning you can submit your application any time on November 1 or before. (I don't recommend waiting until the last minute, though.)

Ashtyn wrote: I submitted my application before midnight. I forgot one thing: descriptions of my 5 extracurriculars! Would this really hurt me or is there a way to write to MIT my descriptions?

@Ashtyn: Feel free to drop us an email with the descriptions and ask that the email be added to your file.

Alex wrote: I submitted my application already. But on the self-reported course work, I didn't put down the classes that I was currently taking because I haven't received grades in those classes yet. Is that ok?

@Alex: As long as we know what classes you are taking through some other means. So if your current classes are listed on your transcript, or if your guidance counselor has told us about them, you should be okay. I would check in with your guidance counselor.

Noah wrote: Is there any way to confirm the receipt of supplemental recommendations and other materials?

@Noah: Only the required portions of the application are on the tracking system. Music and art supplements are not tracked. You can check on supplemental recommendations and other such supplements in a few weeks by calling admissions.

Tony wrote: Is there a specific date where EA decisions will be released or will it be sometime "mid December"? Thanks.

@Tony: We will announce the decision date at a later time. It will be sometime in mid-December.

yetanotherhopeful wrote: I'm all set for applying this summer. But circumstances at home suggest I'll have to apply next year. Is it ok? I've already created a MyMIT account. I've even written the essays. Can I just leave it as it is and apply next year?

@yetanotherhopeful: You'll need to start an all new application next year.

Brian wrote: I am a student from Myanmar (Burma). I want to ask you some questions. Unlike US high schools, Myanmar schools offer student up to 10th grade. All students graduating from high schools can get higher education at national universities. But I didn't attend at any university and prepared for the standardized tests and others to apply MIT for the admissions to class of 2015.
1. For my status, from which grade should my transcript include in my secondary school report? Should my transcript include grade and scores from 8th grade to 10th grade?
2. I am now ambivalent concerning the standardized test scores? If I submit both TOEFL and SAT, am I at a disadvantage or advantage? Do you prefer both scores to TOEFL scores only? Because MIT is competitive, can submitting both scores have advantages?
3. From whose address (my school's or mine) should include in my secondary school reports form, and others? Who has to send these forms, my principal, teachers or I?
4. If my teachers and principal don't use the email in their daily lives, what should I fill in my recommendars' email address box?
5. I have take SAT subject tests,and sent the scores to MIT as my recipient; however, at MyMIT, the testing requirement box is not marked. Is it because I haven't taken and sent my TOEFL scores to MIT?

@Brian: 1. Yes. 2. We only require one or the other; you are welcome to submit both. 3. Somewhere in the application, we will want both your address and the address of your school. The forms may be mailed/posted by you or by the school. 4. You could leave it blank or write "no email." 5. That's right, we are missing TOEFL or SAT.

Brian wrote: 1. If my country uses the national matriculation exam as the entrance for the national university, is the completion certificate needed?
2. What do you mean by the "summary" in the principal evaluation?
3. I haven't conducted the scientific research with the mentor; however, I have done my own research in my home. Is it possible for my condition if I explain and send the the research paper as the additional material?
4. I have some difficulties with the evaluation letters A and B. Unlike my personal essays, evaluation letters cannot be typed at online but I understand that case. My problem is that how my teacher should complete that form. I mean, do they need to write with pen or pencil or type? If these forms are written by pen or pencil, I think the space don't have enough space. What should I do?
5. I have planned to explain a brief Myanmar education ,grading system and others. Is the section 9 of the part 2 the right place to do so?

@Brian: 1. Not required but recommended if you have it. 2. We mean what it says: "Attach an appraisal, assessing personal and academic qualities that may be indications of promise as a college student. We are seeking a complete picture. It should include both strong and weak points, general qualities of maturity, independence and character, as well as more specific details like goals and aspirations, special talents and the things that arouse the student’s enthusiasm. Ultimately, we must compare all of our applicants and try to choose those who will find MIT’s challenges most satisfying." 3. Yes. 4. Teachers may respond written or typed, and may do so on our form and/or attach additional sheets. 5. That would work, yes.

Thair wrote: Despite your numerous advices regarding the recommendation letters, I still have the unclear facts because I have neither seniors nor mentors to instruct me. Are the evaluation forms A and B is the same as sample letters depicting in the information for schools? I mean my teachers need both to complete the forms A and B and to write the (additional) recommendation letters just like sample letters in the writing evaluation informing the school officials?

@Thair: I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking, and I can't find you in our MyMIT database with the email you've provided. Try asking your question again phrased differently and using your MyMIT account email address.

Brian wrote: I am a student from Myanmar(Burma). I am now facing with the difficulties regarding the essay and short questions limits. All of my essays and answers are beyond the word limits; however, they are not too long to annoy you. I don't want to abridge my essays because I see nothing to cut it. If I cut it, I think, doing so will detract both qualities and meanings of my essays. Is it OK for me to submit without shortening it?

@Brian: We do not have any formal penalties for exceeding the word count, nor do we count words. However, we do believe that good answers can be provided within the word limit.

Matthew S. wrote: I took Algebra and Spanish 1 both in 8th grade. I was wondering what I should mark for the grade level. Should I mark 9th grade so that I don't have any missing spaces, or do I leave it blank and mention this at the end under the additional information section?

@Matthew S.: Either way works; I think I'd leave it blank and write under course name: Algebra (8th grade) … or something like that.

Lee-Lincecum 2 is quite a battle! Scoreless through 6…

—> Update: Monday 9:40pm

Morgan wrote: I marked on part one of my application that I was going to apply EA but sitting here on deadline day I'm sure i won't be able to get in all my materials by the end of the day today. Will i be penalized in any way?

@Morgan: You can switch to Regular Action without penalty; just email us.

DP wrote: What is the process for athletic recruits applying EA?

@DP: The process is the same as for all other applicants.

Andy wrote: Yup, I've already got the video online. Would it be better to give you a link to the Youtube page? How should I go about doing that?

@Andy: There's a place for a link in Part 2. If you've already submitted, you can email the office with the link and ask for it to be added to your app.

Rupa wrote: For recruiting for swimming, is there an upper cutoff time for events? I'm on a very competitive swim team, and I absolutely LOVE swimming, but I don't know if I'd be good enough in all the strokes to be on the varsity team. I'm really only good at my events. Thanks.

@Rupa: These questions are best posed to Dawn, the swimming coach. I'd recommend being in touch with her; it will never be a negative thing for your app.

Shaun wrote: I gave an evaluation form to a math teacher earlier this year, but he wasn't sure he would get to it in time, so I gave it to another teacher. I found out today that both turned in the forms and my guidance counselor sent them both. Will this be a problem?

@Shaun: One too few A evaluations is a problem; one too many is no problem.

Reflection wrote: I submitted part 2 last night. I realize all the question together did not really allow me to fully hightlight my academic interest. Is it ok to send a one-page essay to supplement that?

@Reflection: It would be okay, but my guess is your app will be fine as is.

Ante wrote: For the Green Card Copy, should I include a copy of my passport as well?
If I have asked multiple teachers of the same type (such as Evaluation B) to submit recommendations, will all their recs be processed or will only the first one received be considered? Right now I see a checkmark for one of the evaluation types but I don't know how many of it has been received.

@Ante: We only will need the Green Card. And, all of your B evaluations will be processed — in two weeks or so, you're welcome to call to see which supplemental letters we have.

SR wrote: I have already turned in my application. But in the Self-report coursework portion, I listed my classes in chronological order instead or listing the current classes first. Is this acceptable?

@SR: Yes, I'd guess that about half of the Self-reported Coursework Forms I see I filled out in tht way.

Raluca wrote: I tried to fax some supplemental materials yesterday and just realized that I made a mistake and they probably didn't go through. Is it
too late to resend them today?

@Raluca: It's not too late.

Clinton wrote: I accidentally submitted Part I the other day with a request for a fee waiver. However, I realized right after submitting it that it was the weekend before deadline dates, and that I will not be able to have my counselor fill out the fee waiver form for me with a time stamp of November 1st (today, d'oh). Can I still get the fee waiver? Also, I have panicked over the weekend about the payment and I have attempted to resort to pay by credit card, but there is no way for me to do so. I have already submitted my Part II and everything else is finished (letter of recommendations, interview report) and waiting to be processed. Do I still have time to work out the payment or is it too late?

@Clinton: If you qualify for a fee waiver, do not pay the application fee. It's okay to get us a fee waiver of any sort (SAT, NACAC, whatever) as soon as you can; try to have this done in the next week or so if you can, but it need not be today or tomorrow. You'll be okay.

Anonymous wrote: On my application,I accentually wrote that I won an award in 2010 instead of 2009, should I worry about this?

@Anonymous: I can't think of situations where an honest mistake like this would be a problem.

Paul wrote: I've submitted a letter of recommendation from my English instructor in 10th grade whom also has been the journalism instructor in 10th and 11th grade. I believe he has gotten to know me a lot better through the journalism courses, but I listed in the application that he is my English teacher. Should I have listed him as 'journalism' instructor rather than English instructor?

@Paul: Nope, English is fine.

At this point — two hours or so before the deadline — I'm going to close this thread, since I'll be going to bed! I hope most of you have already pressed the submit button. Best wishes!

92 responses to “Your Early Action Deadline Questions”

1. Aliana says:

Hello!

I recently paid the $75 for Part 1 and then submitted Part 1. When I next went onto MyMIT,however, there was no sign that I had paid and the submit button was still there.

Do you know what may have gone wrong? I emailed MIT Admissions on Tuesday so I’m waiting for their response also.

Thanks!

2. Meera says:

Hi Matt,

I am a little worried that some of my grades on my Self Reported Coursework form might be a point or two off, based on how you average the grades on my transcript. So is it okay if they are a point off, or will I be penalized?

Thank you! smile Meera

3. Daniel says:

Hi Matt,
    I have submitted both parts of my application, and I have one question. I know when I filled out part 2 to the app, I was asked to give names and emails of the teachers and counselor/principal that I am asking to evaluate me. Will it be sent electronically to them, or do they have to fill it out by paper and mail it in? Thanks!

4. Matt '00 says:

Note: Look for responses above, in the entry itself.

5. Mitchell says:

Regarding November SAT testing:

Do I need to make MIT a direct score recipient or do I have time to receive the scores and send them to you myself?

6. Sarun says:

Hi Matt,

If one of my essays is not…well, a conventional essay but it answers the question, will admissions be okay with it? I know MIT appreciates creativity but how strictly are essays evaluated?

Thank you!

7. rupesh singh says:

Now i am doing B.E in nepal.H can i apply for full scholasship in MIT for M.E.?

8. shanny says:

Hi Matt,

I have tried to contact my EC for the last 3 weeks and he didn’t respond. so I called the admissions office and they reassigned a different EC for me. I contacted him, and we scheduled to have the interview on next friday. Would it be too late for us to have the interview? Is it too late for him to send in the report?

Thanks:)

9. Ishwarya says:

Hi Matt,

There were a couple of things regarding awards, honors, and activities which couldn’t get on Part II of my MIT application because we were restricted to listing the top 5. To shed light on my other achievements, can I send in a resume as a supplement to my application? If so, can it be faxed directly to the admissions office?

Thanks!
    Ishwarya

10. CW says:

In the self-reported course work section, are we supposed to put a grade for courses we are currently taking? Thank you so much! Happy Halloween!

11. CW says:

Does MIT ask for first quarter grades from Early Action applicants? Respectfully, CW

12. Ava says:

I’ve had the same problems as Aliana. Is it possible to check my email account?

Thank you! smile

13. SL says:

Hi Matt,

My High school didn’t have a math club nor a science club, but I wanted to participate in a math or science competition. I didn’t get a chance to participate in the Science Olympiads nor the math Olympiads. Does that put me at a disadvantage compared to other applicants? also, since I participated in very few competitions, I have very few things to write under the “Distinctions” section in the applciaton. Does that also put me at a disadvantage?

Thanks smile

14. SL says:

*application

15. Luke says:

Hi Matt,
    I’m reviewing my essays and a few of them are about 120 words (for the 100 word limit). I was wondering if the limit is very strict and I should cut them down or if it was just to keep them to a general length. Do you think I’ll be ok without shortening them?

16. anon '14 says:

@SL:

No. Just convey to the admissions officers that you’re really, truly passionate about what you’re doing and what you want to achieve. If you feel the need to, clarify that you couldn’t participate in organized competitions, and show how you developed your passion for STEM elsewhere. A laundry list doesn’t get you automatic consideration; dedication and passion at least shows that you’ll take advantage of opportunities when you do have them.

17. SR says:

Is the deadline for the art supplement postmarked date?

Thank you!

18. Savannah says:

I had the same problem as Aliana, Could you check mine as well please?

Thank you!

19. Catherine says:

I sent my SAT scores to MIT when I first took the tests, about a year ago. But on the tracker page testing requirements is not checked off. How do I know if MIT got the scores? Do I need to send them again?

20. anon says:

I took the SAT test twice. One of my tests has all my best scores. Do I need to send in both sets of scores?

21. Isaque says:

Hi Matt,
    I have been taking some courses at MIT. Even though these courses won’t count for college credit, all my psets and exams are graded. However, these courses appear in my high school transcript just as “Dual Enrollment”. Should I list them in the Self-reported course work as “Dual Enrollment” or should I use the actual name of the courses?
    Another question: Should I also list the courses that I am taking this year or just the courses that I already took?

22. Erik says:

I am sending in a trumpet supplement, and have it almost completed, but I was wondering:
    I play piano actively and compete with piano solos, but haven’t had a piano teacher since middle school. Can I still send in a Music Supplement without a Letter of Recommendation?

23. LA says:

If I report my SAT scores today (October 30) can I be sure MIT will get them in time?

24. Tanner says:

My school’s transcript shows only the letter grades of each semester. Should I try and find, or else remember the percentage grade, or should I just type the letter grade?

Also, I took a year of German in Middle School, I tested a year of German in High School, and I have taken enough music classes that they won’t all fit in the additional classes. How should I communicate these classes?

25. Sarah says:

My counselor left on sick leave, so a different counselor wrote my letter of rec. However I already submitted Part II with the other counselor’s name. Is that ok?

26. LA says:

I have taken both SAT Biology and SAT Chemistry. Should I report both? If so, where/how?

27. Max Kanter says:

I won a full-scholarship to the University of Illinois for my participation in Science Olympiad. I put my accomplishments in my particular events on the application, but I am wondering if MIT would like to hear about the scholarship as well. I have one more blank on my scholastic distinctions section and I am wondering if you think it is appropriate to include. Would MIT rather not know about scholarships other schools are offering?

thanks for any help.

28. Joseph says:

I have already submitted all of my application materials, but it appears that I made a slight error with the “Self-Reported Coursework.” I only put the final grade, as in the one I received in June, omitting the January grades which were required as well. Is this a problem? Or is it fine considering you’ll be having my transcript handy?

Thanks a lot.

29. anxious says:

hey matt,
    I’m and international applicant and got a 97 in TOEFL and 710 in maths IIC and 730 in physics. I want to know whether I have any chances with these scores or else I would take another test on Nov 5. Pls help.

30. Rupa says:

Also, my school doesn’t provide numerical scores on transcripts, etc. and I don’t have all my old tests/hw/quizzes/etc. from years ago, to calculate it, can I just report letter grades for the self-reported coursework?
    Thanks!

31. Rupa says:

Also, are there certain requirements for what is in the art portfolio, or can it be any art we want to send in?
    Thanks!

32. Maria says:

Hi Matt
    I live in Korea. And Korea has a long winter break. I want to indicate my winter activities as well. Can I just do it under summer activities? (or are you just asking for what I did for summer?)

Thanks

33. Jack says:

I’m a junior applying for admission. I am able to leave high school early (I’ve taken math through calculus, 5 years of sciences, etc.,) however I would not do so unless I was admitted this year. Should I still fill out the “Are you graduating from secondary school early or without a diploma?” question?

34. Ayantu says:

Hi!

I’m putting finishing touches and checking my application for any errors and I have a question about the short answer section. When answering the questions I wrote vignettes for some of them instead of giving direct answers. What I wrote still answers the questions, just not in an overt way. Is that ok?
    I also had a question about SAT subject tests. I recently retook the reasoning test and saw a huge improvement and I think I might be able to improve on the subject tests as well. Is it generally frowned upon to retake subject tests?

Thank you!

35. Simon says:

Under “Subjects taken or to be taken”, should I mark calculus if I am self studying for the AP exam, but not enrolled in any formal course?

36. Kevin says:

Hi Matt,

I just submitted my early action application online, and I realized that I made a mistake in reporting my ACT combined english/writing score. What should I do or who should I contact to correct this?

Thank you!

37. Trent says:

When can we start on next years application? Is it different enough that it matters? Can I send my teacher recomendation early? Thank you

38. Catherine says:

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for looking into this for me. I want to make sure that MIT can find my scores.

39. Marcel says:

I studied outside of the U.S until 10th grade, the grading system is different from the one here, I however wrote the courses down in the Self-reported work but without the grades and then sent a transcript from my school to MIT Admission. Is that okay?

40. Should I put senior classes into my self-reported coursework section even though we have not received grades?

41. Hah, disregard that. I’m a moron grin

42. Jack says:

A few quick things on the SRCW section: Should we include classes that we are currently taking, even if we don’t have the grades? And how do we include classes taken over the Summer, or high school classes taken before 9th grade?

43. Jack says:

Also, for the “What department appeals to you?” essay, should we talk about details of MIT’s program, or just the discipline in General? A small last-minute concern, sorry.

44. Kay says:

Hi Matt,

For the awards section, what is the level of distinction for Book Awards? The Rensselaer Medal? I know recipients are selected by their respective high schools, but students throughout the state and nation get them.

Thanks, and hopefully you enjoy w00tstock!

45. Raluca says:

Hello,
    Would it be acceptable to fax a resume as Supplemental Material that includes a research paper abstract + layperson’s summary and a longer description of a couple of my activities than there is room for on the application? I know that research paper abstracts and summaries should be included in the optional section of Part 2, but I also wanted to include an additional essay there and if I added the abstract as well, it would be over a page.
    Thank you!

46. EL says:

Hi Matt,

I was thinking about sending a 600-word essay that reveals my choppy childhood (I’ve moved between quite a few times since I was born) and a lesson I gleaned from my parent’s constant moving. The essay is something I would have loved to fit into the prompt about describing the world I come from, but I am unable to condense it to 200-250 words without compromising the meaning of the essay. What do you suggest I do? Thanks!

-EL

47. JDM says:

Is there any particular browser you use to look at the URL we submit in Part 2? Of course it will be standards-compliant and should work universally, but I wouldn’t want to miss testing one that turns out to be important raspberry

Thanks!

48. PlzAnsMe says:

Hi Matt

I’ve been asking this question for the past THREE YEARS!!! But very sadly, to no avail :-( (though i’m posing it TO YOU for the first time !). I finished my high school in 2004, and haven’t joined any college or any other institution of higher learning ever since. I’ve been working in my as a freelancer(teaching Math) and been primarily into Music with my rock band. But i LOVE MATH n PHYSICS!.And i’ve always nurtured a deep breeding desire to learn at MIT. I couldn’t do it owing to the various circumstances around me.

My questions are :-

Can i still apply for undergraduate admission to MIT, without being at a disadvantage?? or is there an upper age limit ??? I’m 23 years old now.

Also, since it’s been 6 long years, i have absolutely no contact with my school, and thus the teachers, so it would be impossible for me to get any sort of teacher recommendations.

I’ve been coming to your admissions site regularly for the past three years, hoping to find an answer to my questions, and to spot, another crazy soul like me, somewhere out there in these blogs, with infinite passion for engineering, but perhaps, on the wrong side of luck , who still got accepted, because of his/her mere desire and passion to pursue his/her dream…of studying engineering at MIT . Please Please Please answer ! Honestly, i haven’t ever even THOUGHT of applying to any other school. It’s True!

49. PlzAnsMe says:

And yes, i forgot to add, just for your information, i’m an international applicant. ( Another disadvantage ?? :( )

50. I have a separate letter of recommendation from a program I’d like to provide and I’ve already sent my entire application in. How do I get this added to my application packet?

Thanks,
    Elise

51. victor says:

I’m visiting MIT on the 1st and 2nd, would it be appropriate to hand-deliver supplemental materials if I’m going to mail them anyways?

52. John says:

Hi Matt,
    I have a question about financial aid. I have already applied Early Action. Do I need to send in as CSS Profile BEFORE February 15 (i.e. Is there a different deadline for EA applicants)? What about the FAFSA?

Thanks,
    John

53. Kevin says:

The website says that MIT notifies early applicants by mid-December. Does this mean that we could find out anywhere from November 1st through mid-December or does MIT wait to notify everyone in mid-December?

Thanks,
    Kevin

54. Zoe says:

For the music supplement, is there any sort of required formatting for the music resume? Is a bulleted list okay?

55. Hyo says:

Hi Matt,

I have a question about sending the teacher evaluations and secondary school report. My guidance counselor said that our school is using the Naviance system to upload and send the documents to colleges. Yesterday, he said that he sent all my recommendation letters and school reports via Naviance. When I logged in to My MIT account and checked the application tracking section, it says that MIT hasn’t received them yet. Does it take some time for the documents to get processed?

56. Rupa says:

Hi Matt,
    I’ve taken a lot of AP and IB classes, but there aren’t enough spaces for all of my exam scores/AP and IB classes. Should I put that in #14 of Part 2, or send in a score report? Also, I just recently convinced my school to start doing the Physics Olympiad this year, so I don’t have any scores or anything for it, but I’ve been studying/practicing for it, so can I put it as a club/activity that I do, or no?
    Thank you!

57. Andy says:

Dear Matt,

I want to send a supplemental video regarding my job as an entertainer with my application. Can I do so by sending it on a CD with a letter explaining the video via the United States Postal Service? I should be able to get it postmarked by November 1st.

Thanks so much,
    Andy

PS. Happy Halloween!

58. Matthew S. says:

Hi,

I took Algebra and Spanish 1 both in 8th grade. I was wondering what I should mark for the grade level. Should I mark 9th grade so that I don’t have any missing spaces, or do I leave it blank and mention this at the end under the additional information section?

Thank you, Matthew S.

59. Danielle says:

Hello!

Today i submitted my application! BUT an hour later i realized that i forgot to add one of my most important summer activities!!!!!! I have to say that i am freaking out!!

What can i do such that it can be added on to my application!?!?!

Thank You

60. Danielle says:

Hello!

Thank You

61. Rupa says:

Hi Matt, Thanks so very much for all your answers!
    This is a very last minute question, but I just googled MIT essays tips to see if there were any tips for writing the essays/proofreading them which might be helpful, and I found that someone, a few years ago, had written an essay on a topic very similar to mine–how our physics teachers have influenced us. I’ve already done my essay and edited it and everything, and I don’t want to change it, but I’m afraid that it will hurt me that someone else has written a similar essay and posted it on the internet. Should I rewrite my essay? Or just make sure to include specific examples so it’s obvious that my teacher is different, especially since the essays are not very similar in any aspects other than that mine is also about how my physics teacher has influenced me? The ways my teacher has influenced me are different. Should I change me essay?
    Thanks!

62. Morgan says:

Mr Matt,

I marked on part one of my application that I was going to apply EA but sitting here on deadline day I’m sure i won’t be able to get in all my materials by the end of the day today. Will i be penalized in any way?

63. Erik says:

Using the Online Application, can you submit up until 11:59 on November 1st, or do you have to click submit by 12:00am tonight (October 31st)??

64. Erik says:

65. DP says:

What is the process for athletic recruits applying EA?

66. Ashtyn says:

I submitted my application before midnight. I forgot one thing: descriptions of my 5 extracurriculars! Would this really hurt me or is there a way to write to MIT my descriptions?

67. Alex says:

I submitted my application already. But on the self-reported course work, I didn’t put down the classes that I was currently taking because I haven’t received grades in those classes yet. Is that ok?

68. Andy says:

Dear Matt,

Yup, I’ve already got the video online. Would it be better to give you a link to the Youtube page? How should I go about doing that?

Thank you so much,
    Andy

69. Noah says:

Hi Matt,

Is there any way to confirm the receipt of supplemental recommendations and other materials? If this question has already been asked, well then, oops!

Thanks!

70. Rupa says:

Hi Matt, Thanks again for all the great answers!
    For recruiting for swimming, is there an upper cutoff time for events? I’m on a very competitive swim team, and I absolutely LOVE swimming, but I don’t know if I’d be good enough in all the strokes to be on the varsity team. I’m really only good at my events. Thanks.

71. Rupa says:

72. Tony says:

Is there a specific date where EA decisions will be released or will it be sometime “mid December”? Thanks.

73. Shaun says:

Hello Matt,

I have read about this before, but I want to make sure I shouldn’t do anything about it.

I gave an evaluation form to a math teacher earlier this year, but he wasn’t sure he would get to it in time, so I gave it to another teacher. I found out today that both turned in the forms and my guidance counselor sent them both. Will this be a problem?

Thanks!

74. Reflection says:

Hi Matt: I submitted part 2 last night. I realize all the question together did not really allow me to fully hightlight my academic interest. Is it ok to send a one-page essay to supplement that?
    Thanks.

75. Ante says:

For the Green Card Copy, should I include a copy of my passport as well?

If I have asked multiple teachers of the same type (such as Evaluation B) to submit recommendations, will all their recs be processed or will only the first one received be considered? Right now I see a checkmark for one of the evaluation types but I don’t know how many of it has been received.

76. SR says:

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for all the answers!

I have already turned in my application. But in the Self-report coursework portion, I listed my classes in chronological order instead or listing the current classes first. Is this acceptable?

Thank you!!

77. LA says:

How long does it take for the MIT dashboard to display that teacher recs/school report have been submitted? My school has submitted everything but my dashboard says “not processed.”

78. LA says:

^ Never mind, my question was already answered above.

79. I’m all set for applying this summer. But circumstances at home suggest I’ll have to apply next year. Is it ok? I’ve already created a MyMIT account. I’ve even written the essays. Can I just leave it as it is and apply next year?

80. Raluca says:

Hello,
    I tried to fax some supplemental materials yesterday and just realized that I made a mistake and they probably didn’t go through. Is it too late to resend them today?
    Thanks!

81. Brian says:

Hi

I am a student from Myanmar (Burma). I want to ask you some questions. Unlike US high schools, Myanmar schools offer student up to 10th grade. All students graduating from high schools can get higher education at national universities. But I didn’t attend at any university and prepared for the standardized tests and others to apply MIT for the admissions to class of 2015.

3. From whose address (my school’s or mine) should include in my secondary school reports form, and others? Who has to send these forms, my principal, teachers or I?
    4. If my teachers and principal don’t use the email in their daily lives, what should I fill in my recommendars’ email address box?
    5. I have take SAT subject tests,and sent the scores to MIT as my recipient; however, at MyMIT,
    the testing requirement box is not marked. Is it because I haven’t taken and sent my TOEFL scores to MIT?

82. Clinton says:

I accidentally submitted Part I the other day with a request for a fee waiver.

However, I realized right after submitting it that it was the weekend before deadline dates, and that I will not be able to have my counselor fill out the fee waiver form for me with a time stamp of November 1st (today, d’oh).

Can I still get the fee waiver? Also, I have panicked over the weekend about the payment and I have attempted to resort to pay by credit card, but there is no way for me to do so.

I have already submitted my Part II and everything else is finished (letter of recommendations, interview report) and waiting to be processed. Do I still have time to work out the payment or is it too late?

I have already sent an e-mail to MIT admissions and have not received a reply.

83. Brian says:

Hello, Matt,

I have still some question to ask you.

1. If my country uses the national matriculation exam as the entrance for the national university, is the completion certificate needed?
    2. What do you mean by the “summary” in the principal evaluation?
    3. I haven’t conducted the scientific research with the mentor; however, I have done my own research in my home. Is it possible for my condition if I explain and send the the research paper as the additional material?
    4. I have some difficulties with the evaluation letters A and B. Unlike my personal essays, evaluation letters cannot be typed at online but I understand that case. My problem is that how my teacher should complete that form. I mean, do they need to write with pen or pencil or type? If these forms are written by pen or pencil, I think the space don’t have enough space. What should I do?

84. Clinton says:

(double post) thank you!

85. Tim Kroeger says:

Hi Matt,
    I read Tanner’s question from yesterday, and your response. When I was filling out the Self Reported Coursework section, I thought I was following the directions when I just listed the most recent class first, followed by previous classes, in the “Other” Subject Area section, until I ran out of room. In other words, I did NOT list all of my “other” classes, since they wouldn’t all fit. I didn’t list them anywhere on the application. I wasn’t worried about it, because I knew you’d have my transcript in hand. Is my interpretation of the instructions just fine? (I listed all courses taken in all the main academic subjects. It’s just the “Other” subjects that I didn’t list in full.)

86. Thair says:

Hi, Matt
    Despite your numerous advices regarding the recommendation letters, I still have the unclear facts because I have neither seniors nor mentors to instruct me. Are the evaluation forms A and B is the same as sample letters depicting in the information for schools? I mean my teachers need both to complete the forms A and B and to write the (additional) recommendation letters just like sample letters in the writing evaluation informing the school officials?

87. victor says:

kevin, I read that MIT reads all applications first before making any decisions. So they won’t read one, determine yes or no, and move to the next – they look at the applicant pool as a whole. So most likely you won’t receive a decision until December when they have read all applications and start making the decisions.

88. Grant says:

Last spring break i visited MIT, and i did some cool things there, such as talk to some profeseurs. Do you think that i could talk about that visit in the optional section on section 9 of the part 2, or do you think that that does not fit the prompt? Or do you think that it should go somewhere else on the form?
    Thanks!

89. Brian says:

Hi

I am a student from Myanmar(Burma). I am now facing with the difficulties regarding the essay and short questions limits. All of my essays and answers are beyond the word limits; however, they are not too long to annoy you. I don’t want to abridge my essays because I see nothing to cut it. If I cut it, I think, doing so will detract both qualities and meanings of my essays. Is it OK for me to submit without shortening it?

90. Paul says:

I’ve submitted a letter of recommendation from my English instructor in 10th grade whom also has been the journalism instructor in 10th and 11th grade. I believe he has gotten to know me a lot better through the journalism courses, but I listed in the application that he is my English teacher. Should I have listed him as ‘journalism’ instructor rather than English instructor?

91. Alex says:

Hey Matt,
    Thanks for the answer to my previous question. Something came up with my music supplement. My music instructor send me an email containing his recommendation so I decided to just simply forward the email along with my other required information. The subject ended up being Fwd: MIT Music Supplement. Is that ok?

Also,
    My EC hasn’t contacted me for an interview. I was wondering if there was anyway to be reassigned to a another EC,

Thanks

On my application,I accentually wrote that I won an award in 2010 instead of 2009, should I worry about this?