MIT student blogger Chris M. '12

You’ve got questions, I’ve got answers by Chris M. '12

I know an atomic particle's speed, AND position!!

Wow. You guys asked some hard questions! And a lot of them. No worries though, I’ve transcribed here every question someone asked me, (unless they specifically asked I not post about it) and my best answer. If you don’t see your question or if you have another one, feel free to email me and I’ll get to it when I can. Please put “Question about MIT” in the subject line (it helps Google sort my mail). Read through, enjoy, and soak up all the trivial goodness that is:

Q&A

Are MIT students very stylish or are jeans and a sweatshirt a common outfit?
There is a huge variety in what people wear to class and to what extent people care about how they look. (Specifically this number is 5.77 X 10^65, it’s calculated using an arbitrary combination of color choices and the amount spent on clothing vs. time spent getting ready in the morning. This is known as GQ’s constant*) Personally, I like fashion, and I usually wear a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and a coat to class. But that’s certainly not the norm, but that’s the beauty of it. There is no norm. I’ve seen people wearing anything from geeky T-shirts, kilts and blue hair, to Hollister hoodies, Ug boots, and expensive jeans. Some people dress like they walked straight out of a clothing ad, and others dress like Mardi Gras vomited all over them. We have an article in our newspaper, The Tech, that talks about fashion guidelines for people interested in that stuff, but I’d say that for the most part, people dress how they want to dress, there is very little pressure here to look one way or another. That being said, I think no matter how much you like to look good, there will be at least one pset on one night that will coerce you into going to class the next day in sweatpants and a hoodie…..not that I know from experience……

Are there any abnormally good looking people at MIT?
Why yes I am, thank you.
Seriously though, there are certainly some people here for whom every gene is apparently made of winning. Not that looking good matters.

I was wondering for the question 6 in the part 2 application about the thing we created. It’s quite difficult to visualize my invention only by explanation. Is there way I can send along a picture of what I created?? Do I need to contact admission office? If yes who. And for the essays I was wondering if writing humorous essays are not a disadvantage since the humor of every person is not the same especially if I’m an international student?

As far as I can tell you, the Admissions Office is pretty flexible about sending in supplementary materials if you feel like they help better represent you, just make sure you don’t abuse that privilege. So I believe you can send in a picture of your invention, the place to send it would be the same place you send your application. For your essay, I’d say write what feels natural, I cracked a few jokes in my essay and it turned out fine for me, but above all your writing should feel natural to you. If you don’t normally write in a humorous manner, it may seem akward and forced, which is not how you want to appear. So the short answer is, writing a humorous essay in and of itself is not bad. If that’s how you feel confident, go for it.

“When the cosmic battle of Catnarok takes place, who will win–Longcat or Tacgnol?”

Definitely Tacgnol. Unless the battle takes place in a mirror, then who knows. Ceiling Cat will have to sort it out.

I noticed that you are a Course 15 student. I applied EA and also want to do Course 15. I was wondering what are your favorite things about Sloan and why?

To clarify, you don’t actually declare a major until the end of your Freshman year. That’s partially because the large majority of freshmen will take classes that fulfill what’s known as the GIRs (General Institute Requirements). The GIRs are foundation classes like Calculus, Physics, Chem, Biology etc. I’ve been working hard to try and get all (or most) of my GIRs out of the way so I haven’t taken any strictly Course 15 (Business Management) yet.

Is there anything close to a major or serious study about nanotechonology? I’m really fasicanted by it and I think that’s what I want to study and later do in life. Is there a majore for it? Minor? Any courses in nanotechnology?
I don’t think there is a specific major in nanotechnology, just because nanotech is a very diverse field. That being said we do have Nanomaterials Labratory that I believe is used by people in Course 3 (Materials Science and Engineering). Materials Science may be something you’d be interested in, though really you could find applications to nanotechnology in any field you go into.

How’s the humanities side of MIT? And are MIT students into politics/current events? (not worded as a question but…) I hear the food is awful.
1. Humanities are awesome, I absolutely love my Intro to World Music class. It’s a welcome change from the continuous stream of math and differentials in the rest of my classes. People have mixed feelings about the humanities courses and your requirement to take them, but that’s more because of a personal opinion on humanities than it is the quality of the courses.
2. Some students are into Politics, some think McCain is what old people use to help them walk. I haven’t met too many people who are super-interested in politics, but that’s not to say they don’t exist. It’s interesting the number of people who try and find a newspaper to subscribe to, or a podcast to watch to stay in touch with current events, because MIT is like an entire world to itself, it’s easy to lose touch with the real world if you’re not careful.
3. I don’t think it’s fair to say that the food is awful. There have definitely been things I’ve eaten from the Dining Hall that I swear had already been eaten before, but there are also some things that are really delicious (*cough* Chicken Quesadilla *cough*) Besides, if you don’t like the food from the cafeterias, there are a whole plethora of other options available to you, from delivery, to *gasp* cooking for yourself. And if you don’t like the food you cook yourself, take it up with the chef.

Haha, 6 is the answer to the admissions formula? Did you have some supercomputer figure that out for you…perhaps with the name Deep Thought? Hey Chris, have you never seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?? The ulimate answer to the universe is 42, not 6!
I put those two questions together because they were similar. Yes I have READ Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and undeniably the ultimate answer to the universe is 42. BUT! MIT is but one part of universe, thus it follows that it is one part of 42, one factor. As it turns out if you divide 42, the ultimate answer to the universe, by 7, the luckiest number, you get the answer to the ultimate, luckiest, place in the universe!**

I was wondering if you would know the details on how you start a project to enter into an Intel fair? Do I just start randomly or do I work with another teacher to help me?
I unfortunately have no idea as I’ve only been impressed by projects from the Intel fair, not actually done any myself. Their official website may be able to help though, and lucky for you all you have to do is click here.

everyone hears about MIT hacks, but what are some of the non-hack “institutional charm” elements you like? Just wondering what quirks about MIT you personally like aside from hacks.
My favorite part about MIT is without a doubt the people. You get here, and at first nothing seems unusual, you’re talking with people about the olympics, or TV or whatever, and then someone busts a calculus joke, and then the really surprising part happens. EVERYONE LAUGHS! At that moment, you realize that the people around you are a lot like you, there is a huge fundamental common interest among students. Sure there are people you meet who you don’t like, and there are people who don’t like you, but as a whole the MIT community is what’s most charming to me. I also really love everyone’s passion, pretty much everyone is the best at something they do, and seeing those people in their elements is awesome, it’s humbling and inspiring to see your friends fly planes, play cellos, work on cars, design clothes, paint pictures, and write programs. MIT is a hotbed for talented individuals who are capable of producing some incredible work.

how would i go about describing my passion in a way MIT admissions will understand?
MIT is vastly diverse, and prides itself on being an open-minded community. That being said, I feel like essentially any medium you choose to express yourself with will be accepted. I’ve known people who have made videos, wrote computer programs, put together powerpoint presentations etc. There is some fine print to that freedom though, namely you have the responsibility not to abuse it. Don’t make a 80 minute documentary about yourself, and certainly don’t feel like you have to do something supplementary to the application. Most of the people accepted are those who just filled out the accepted applications.

For the extra space provided at the end of the application (pt 2), can we just write about an experience without explaining what we’re writing about at first, leaving it up to the admissions officers to read through to figure it out?
That’s really a judgment call to make yourself, as long as the unorthodox format of your essay adds something to the story and doesn’t take away from the reader’s ability to understand, I say go for it. Life favors the bold.

I would like to know how classes taken as a senior affect admissions. If I applied ea, wouldn’t I know if I got accepted before I know my final grades?
You my friend have stumbled upon the conundrum that is the leading cause of Senioritis. You are correct, you would know the status of your acceptance before your final grades, but there is a tricky caveat known as the “Mid-Year Grade Report” as well as the “Final Grade Report”. These reports are mailed to MIT and include your grades even after you’ve been accepted. If all of a sudden you start doing poorly in classes, MIT can rescind your offer of admissions.(In fact, many colleges have similar policies, so no way you’re getting around that). In short the answer to your question is yes, but they’re onto you.

I understand what you said about not everyone being happy at MIT etc, but what can I do to get my mind off things! Any suggestions?
Go camping, see a movie, have a picnic, eat lunch with someone new, play an instrument (even if you’ve had no training whatsoever, you’re playing for yourself, not for an audience). Soak up the town and culture you live in, because regardless of where you end up going to school, it will be different than where you are right now. Eat at local restaurants, go to quirky small museums. Stop in at a hotel and go to the visitors booth to find all the cool things around where you live that you never do because you live there. Act like a tourist. Photograph everything. Listen to new music Build something (this is my favorite site for finding cool fun projects). Most of all enjoy this time of your life, senior year post college applications is an amazing, unique period of your life that you’d do well to take advantage of.

do you think I can send some certificates depicting that I won/participated in a regional science camp?
You certainly can, though it may not be necessary. Just listing your involvement in the activities you got awards for in the appropriate section of your application is enough for the Admissions office, they believe you.

How do you get to be so cool?
In the interest of homeostasis, I can’t really say I’m that cool, but I can give you other more meaningful questions to ponder: If a tree falls on a mime in the forest, what was he doing there? Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? Why are the alphabet letters arranged the way they are? Why does a house burn up until it burns down?

The world may never know.

*GQ’s constant has a related formula in which fashion is directly proportional to time and money, and inversely proportional to the square of homework. it is F= G[($T)]/H^2 Where $ is in dollars, T is in hours, and H is in number of sheets. The units, Dollar-hours per sheet, are known by their S.I. unit “Style”.
**Ask me if I still agree with this during finals week.

77 responses to “You’ve got questions, I’ve got answers”

1. lwq says:

i know.. he knows a photon’s speed c (but not direction) and position to arbitrary precision, at some point in time but no other.. Heisenberg’s uncertainty relates momentum and position =P

2. Tiffany says:

Hey. I live in NYC and maybe New York is slightly different from the rest of the country. So I was wondering, why is it that everytime fashion comes up the answer involves a reference to Hollister and Uggs? Is that suppose to be trendy?

3. BrittanyM says:

Tif,

Outside of Paris, MYC is the fashion capitol of the world. And this is precisely why you’re not familiar with Holister. It’s not really trendy at all, but it’s a status thing for moat teens.

4. BrittanyM says:

By the way Chris, great work as usual! You’ve answered a lot of the burning questions that I was too embarrassed to ask! It’s the small stuff like food and campus fashion that really worries me. And all of my friends seem to think that MIT kids are dull and have no sense of humor. Thanks for proving them wrong! (I had to text the McCain joke to EVERYONE! I’m a junkie when it comes to politics.)

5. Rebeca says:

Chris,

What about a poor Florida girl like me, who has never seen snow or experienced weather under 45 degrees her whole life? Since you’re from Texas I figured you could help explain how to survive a winter with *gasp!* snow.

I have another question:

In terms of the Mid Year School Report, let’s say I ran into some really tough patches of Calculus/Physics, and not for lack of trying, saw my grades slip a few points. If I got a B, would admissions just chunk my acceptance out the window, give me a chance to explain, or not care? How bad would a person really have to mess up to be “uninvited” to MIT?

smile Also, why did you go to MIT to major in business management? I find this awesome and interesting because when people think of MIT, the words “business!” don’t come to mind.

8. Hey Chris! Great post and interesting questions! I would like to point out that Uggs are spelled Uggs, not Ugs. =]

My application was really cheesy. I tend to write like that just by nature. Is that bad?

@ other anonymous:
    They’d give you a chance to explain, if the slip was bad enough to warrant attention at all. A “B” is only that bad if you’ve been getting A+’s the rest of the time; lots of people apply already having B’s and are accepted. Schools and teachers have vastly different grading standards.

First!!!!! Thanks loads Chris for this

12. Shreya Vora says:

“I also really love everyone’s passion, pretty much everyone is the best at something they do, and seeing those people in their elements is awesome, it’s humbling and inspiring to see your friends fly planes, play cellos, work on cars, design clothes, paint pictures, and write programs. MIT is a hotbed for talented individuals who are capable of producing some incredible work.”

Beautifully put. Couldn’t have agreed more with you.

lol… so the address of *insert place here* would be what, exactly?

14. Chris M. says:

@Anon

LOL whoops, I see I forgot to actually go back and and change the note I made to myself while writing. It should be fixed now.

“MIT is but one part of universe, thus it follows that it is one part of 42, one factor. As it turns out if you divide 42, the ultimate answer to the universe, by 7, the luckiest number, you get the answer to the ultimate, luckiest, place in the universe!**”

Brilliantly reasoned.

16. Justin says:

Ah, people laughing at calculus jokes…wouldnt it be great if the whole world were as geeky as us…

17. curious says:

Thanks for answering my question on nanotech!!

18. Kevin says:

Yeah Course 15! I know that you haven’t taken any classes yet but does it feel weird having an interest in business management in a school primarily devoted to the math and sciences?

@Kevin
    According to the US News and World Report rankings MIT has the second best business program in the country.

20. Enas'12 says:

Adding to Chris’s post (if I may):

1- About the senior classes: If you’re taking AP classes (and chances are a bunch of you applicants are) then you might wanna actually work hard on them and get good grades, because some of them pass you out of some GIRs. I doubt you wanna retake the same subject because you slacked off. I know people who are taking some GIRs with me and they wish they had skipped out.

2- You can always find good enough food. I’ve never eaten in my dorm, but I have cooked, and most frats have cooks. Plus, the Student Center and the food courts in Kendal and in Stata have enough variety and good food that you will be fine.

3- Cold weather will hurt at times, but at the most part, you will be just fine. I come from summers of 130 degrees Farenheit, but I am completely ok. We haven’t had any snow yet, but with the right gear, no one really needs to worry. Get a long thick fleece jacket and snow boots.

4- Lowering your grades a LITTLE BIT by the end of the year is ok… You generally won’t be denied admission for going from a 3.5 to 3.4 or whatever. However, it depends on what your original grades are. I graduated with a couple of Bs and a C, but I haven’t been a straight A student since Middle School.

Chris, you are awesome. I really like your frank style of writing. Do you really go to class in a dress shirt, tie and slacks?

wahhhh i’m bad at reading that much text
    more formatting please?

aka the imagined conversation:

“i like my text like i like my coffee”
    “what? with heavy cream and artifical sweeteners?”
    “no. bold.

23. Colton says:

Grades for me is a huge concern. I was sick for a good bit of the first quarter of my school year and that has drastically affected my grades. Even though I am attempting to recover from this set back, would this still kill my chances at MIT.

24. Colton says:

Sorry, that last sentence was supposed to be a question.

25. Nice answer to why u r cool. lol u r very funny

26. Banerjee says:

Cool post!! ‘Twas awesome!!

Good on you for answering even the randomest questions, e.g. #4. What was that about?!

27. Hey Chris,

How can you know the speed as well as the Position of an atomic particle at the SAME time, that is a direct violation of Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle.

Reply soon!:)

When MIT students enjoy the music of Miley Cyrus, do they so in a purely ironic fashion?

This is a very important question.

29. Tiffany says:

Another question: does anyone know when the MIT admissions office is releasing results? the 13th or the 20th?

30. anonymous says:

One way to do that without violating the heisenberg’s uncertainity principle is, to know the sped of one and the position of another atomic particles at the same time……lol

I am also waiting for your reply to navdeep’s question

31. @siddhartha Bahl
    well done at your preliminary rounds for selection at IMO.Now you just work hard to keep your grades up and pursue one or two activities with intense passion.

32. @siddhartha Bahl
    keep on reading these blogs to get a taste of MIT!

It hasn’t been announced yet, but probably later rather than sooner due to the huge number of early applicants.

34. Louis says:

I love Pandora! I use it on my computer every time I sit down for a few minutes. There’s even a dedicated program for Macs called PandoraJam, it’s great. I’ve been led me to so many great bands, new and old, the Music Genome Project definitely has my thanks

35. BHO says:

i got a 700 on physics,, does the 7__ rule still apply for sat subject tests/
    thanks

36. Huia says:

I went through your website and was a little confused.I have finished my 12th grade and I want to know which exams(SAT1,SAT2,ACT?)should I take to get into MIT in 2009 itself.
    I saw that for admission in 2009,one could give SAT and ACT till JUNE 2009.Will it do if I give them in
    May 2009 so that I can pursue engineering in MIT from next year(i.e.2009).Please guide me and tell me how much should the gap be between 2 exams as I live in India and do not have much idea about your procedures.Kindly reply urgently.

@huia

To apply to enter MIT in the fall of 2009 (i.e. class of 2013), you need to take the required standardized tests (SAT I -or- TOEFL and two SAT IIs – math and science) by January 2009

To actually apply in the fall of 2009 (i.e. class of 2014), I would presume the same tests must be completed by January 2010.

I don’t know what website you read, but this is pretty well explained: http://www.mitadmissions.org/topics/apply/standardized_test_requirements/index.shtml

38. Hi Chris!I am Siddhartha an eleventh grade student from India and i am currently pursuing my studies in physics chemistry maths and english.I have cleared the first level of International Mathematics Olympiad(result of 2nd level is awaited)and have a very strong desire to study at MIT.I have gone through the website.Chris I would be very grateful to you if you could help me and advise me as to what i should do now so that i have very good chances of getting selected for a gaduation course in 2010.Please reply. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

39. Lauren says:

Is bowling offered during IAP? I didn’t see it listed this year; do they change offered classes from year to year?

40. Alayibo says:

Hi, I hope this is not”√∂f-“topic” so to speak but I’m an international student and I have communicated with my EC by email severally and she has responded once saying she was out of the country at the time. Since then I have not recieved any responses from her despite the fact that I have tried severally to reach her. I am worried about this because the deadline is on the tenth. I have submitted the rest of the application and I have sent my school forms by courier but it still says it is not processed on my application. Could you please advice me on what to do next.

41. Lyddie says:

Hey Chris, I love your blog entries and they make me laugh and want to go to MIT that much more. But I noticed something that’s been bothering me.

Your minibiography on your main page opens with a pleasant bit (get it? bit! =D ) of Java:
    System.Out.Println(“Howdy Y’all”);

But this wouldn’t work! =( It should be:
    System.out.println(“Howdy Y’all”);

42. Chris M. says:

@ Lyddie

Glad to hear that you enjoy my entries, and you are correct, that bit of code wouldn’t work as written. both “out” and “println” must be lowercase to compile in Java. Unfortunately I don’t have control over that part of the site (I just wrote that biography and submitted it to the person who manages our site), and I only realized I’d made the mistake after submitting it, thus too late/too much effort to fix it. Good catch though!

43. hui says:

The 2 SATs have to be given by January 2009 For admissions in 2009(autumn) itself but one can’t give
    both the SATs on the same day.What should I do?
    Please help!

44. Ruhban says:

hi-even i am from india–
    u dont neccesarily require to give SAT 1 –instead of SAT 1 and two SAT Subject tests go for toefl and two SAT subject tests- that will be good enough

45. Thank you for answering the catnaroc question, it was in my mind for some time, may i ask when the epic final battle of catnaroc will take place?

also, by dividing by 7 aren’t you taking the luck OUT of 42?
    but everyone knows that 42 is 6*9, where does the 7 come in?

wow, these spam comments are classy.

47. just wondering..how many Nigerian students are there at MIT? grin

Thanks for your answers. I have another question: is there any word on when the decisions will be out?

49. Brandon says:

Perhaps a Captcha is in order for the comment section?
    Or even better, a login system that coincides with the MyMIT account names and passwords.

50. Debojit says:

Wow your blog has been a great help.

51. Crazy?! says:

Here’s a weird question:
    How come Goofy talks and Pluto doesn’t?
    I mean they’re both dogs.

52. hui says:

I have just finished my 12th grade(June 2008) and have already taken admission in another college.If I wish to be admitted in fall of 2009 in MIT should I go through Freshman or transfer procedure since the latter requires that I should complete at least 2 yrs in the other college?

53. Hi, Chris! Since you seem to know everything, tell me this: Mac or PC for MIT? And TI-89 or TI-84? You can imagine that this is a BIG deal for anyone, MIT applicant or not. Thank you!

54. Chris M. says:

@Trilobite

The Mac V. PC debate reaches all the way out to MIT, some people swear by them, some people swear at them. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of macs (though the new MacBooks are pretty sexy). I find Macs a little overpriced for the performance bracket, and similarly I love knowing exactly how my PC is working and how to fix it when it starts doing weird things. Ultimately, it’s up to you, you can get by with either Mac or PC.

the 84 v 89 debate is less heated. Personally, I haven’t used a calculator enough while here to warrant buying one, (I just borrow one when I need it or use MIT’s computer programs like MATLAB and Mathematica, they’re far more powerful) but if you already own one, (or if you’re parents are just willing to get you one for free) the TI-89 is an incredible piece of computing power. That also means that they aren’t allowed for some exams because they make them too easy, but if you consider it’s use to you beyond a few classes, I think the 89 is superior to the 84.

55. Terry says:

But…but…but 42 = 6 * 9 (in base 13), as Dent’s Scrabble trick told us. However, I suppose you could still find the Place of Abundance that way. raspberry

On a side note, what led you to split between courses 8 and 15? It seems a rather odd combination.

56. hui says:

Hey,
    I am from India.Instead of giving SAT1 and 2subjects of SAT2s ,I am taking TOEFL and 2 subjects of SAT2.
    Is it fine?Also, is there any code of MIT for TOEFL as there is code for SAT?Please tell.

57. youporne says:

He knelt between my legs and began to blow up this condom inside me. Damn what a feeling. http://www.scam.com/member.php?u=104358 “>youporne

58. YASH says:

HI CHRIS.I AM STUDYING IN THE 11th CLASS IN INDIA.
    I HAVE A STRONG DESIRE TO GET INTO MIT FOR MY AERONAUTICAL ENGG. COURSE.WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO FOR THIS AND HOW?PLEASE REPLY!THANKS A LOT.

YASH

59. red tube says:

Long soft sucks and ran his tongue down the entire length of my slit with soft loving touches. He increased his sexual assault on my snatch http://www.scam.com/member.php?u=104342 “>red tube

Heh, I think I may be the culprit of “kilt and blue hair”. I’m glad to have…er…contributed to the greater fashion community of MIT?

Hey Chris, just wondering your opinions on “First” gets on your blog. Do you like them because it makes your blog seem important, or do you think they’re stupid because it means the person skipped reading just to post “First”?

62. Vivi says:

Usually most people who get to ISEF do so through a regional or state fair, so ask your science teachers if such a fair exists in your area. After that, you’ll need to get a copy of the official ISEF forms to fill out. (Check http://sciserv.org/isef/document/) You’ll have to get your research proposal approved, but after that you’re basically given the green light to conduct your experiment. You’ll definitely need a mentor to be officially documented on your forms, but you don’t necessarily have to work closely with them. For example, all of my projects were conducted independently – my mentor’s name appeared because she was the one responsible for entering my forms in our regional/state fair.

After that, whip up a brilliant paper and display board, and kick some major butt in your local fair. If you do well enough, you’ll get to attend one of the most amazing international conventions for young scientists ever! =)

I was an ISEFer this previous May, but I’ve been participating in regional/state qualification fairs since freshman year in high school, so if you have any questions feel free to comment on my blog or something.

63. Thank you Chris! I really wanted to get a PC anyway.I just want to be prepared, just in case I get in. wink

64. Ruobing Zhao says:

Hi Chris! I really want to go to MIT to study physics!!
    You said you know a particle’s speed and position at the same time. How can that be possible?

65. Ruobing Zhao says:

You can shoot two exactly same particles to the opposite directions at the same time from the same starting point. Then you can measure the speed of the first particle, and pinpoint the position of the second particle…Does that sounds right?

66. hui says:

@Zhao

Yeah,you are right.
    That comes in the Bell’s theorem. Could you please reply to my earlier question?

67. Chris M. says:

@George (egypt)
    The battle of Catnaroc will take place sometime between yesterday and April the 14th of September.

@Crazy?!
    Pluto has taken a Buddhist vow of silence.

@Anonymous
    I don’t really have much of an opinion on “First!” posts. It irritates some people, but not me. “Second!” “Third” and “teh 4ourth!” posts irritate me. First is enough. (Last is cooler though).

@Peter
    To be fair, it’s only due to the observer effect that the uncertainty principle arises. Heisenberg (or as I like to call him, “Old Man Heisy”) wasn’t a liar. His ideas are true if you have to measure the system,not if you just know them like I do. I’ll tell you for $20.

68. Dan says:

Thanks for the post.

Excellent point.

70. Peter says:

You know a particle’s position AND speed? Are you calling Mr. Heisenberg a liar then? wink

71. @Chris
    I remember the interpretation of Heisenberg uncertainty principle is that when you precisely measure the position of an atomic particle, the particle is more like a particle; when you precisely measure the speed of an atomic particle, the particle is more like a wave.
    Also, as for the observer effect, the Copenhagen interpretation says that the wavelength of the particle collapse(so it’s like a particle) when the particle is observed. I personally believe the Many-world interpretation more becuz I don’t really understand why the particle collapse when being observed.

Anyway…Do you study quantum mechanics in your physics class in college? That’s just cool.

72. guys don’t read my name backward….
    I’m just bored. Âõß

73. Vivi says:

First-year physics classes are either Mechanics [8.01x] or E&M [8.02x] if you were motivated enough to test out of Mechanics. You don’t get quantum until later, although bits and pieces of it get thrown at you in 5.11x.

74. youtubeporno says:

She pulled my face against her ass, I began licking along her crease, she reached behind and spread her ass open for me my tongue circled her tight anal bud before moving down to her wet slit, http://www.scam.com/member.php?u=104405 “>youtubeporno

I have a question. Hopefully it’s not too late to ask them.

Do grades make up a large part of the admissions process?

I go to one of the best high schools in Houston (DeBakey High School for Health Professions) and it is extremely difficult to get straight A’s or the highest GPA of your class. I’ve wanted to go to MIT my whole life and I don’t want the chance to be ruined by a number.

Thanks :]

76. assosoddefs says:

The CR8BB software functions independently of the type of GPS receivers used in a This software also enables users to update geodetic coordinates and/or <a>trend trading software</a>

77. So, Chris, it’s Finals Week. Do you still feel like you’re in the luckiest place in the universe?! Hope so.

Have a great break.