ZOMG…CPW BEGINS TOMORROW!! AHHH! Aren’t you super excited?!?!?
I’ve spent the past several weeks with many of my colleagues, working long days and nights to match up all 1,100+ of you coming this weekend with current student hosts. (If your host hasn’t been in touch with you, don’t worry – you WILL have a host and a place to stay once you get here. We’ll work it out! And if your host has tried to contact you but you haven’t gotten back to him/her yet, do so ASAP so you can work out living arrangements, a meeting time/place, and everything!)
Anyways, in addition to matching all y’all with hosts, I’ve also spent the past several months planning the Closing Remarks and Variety Show that’s happening Saturday night. Come check it out!
There are going to be 5 fantastic acts at the show:
– Chorallaries (a cappella, co-ed)
– Imobilare (dance, breakdancing/hip-hop)
– Ariadne Smith ’10 (classical guitar)
– Bhangra (dance, Punjabi)
– Logarhythms (a cappella, all-male)
These are, of course, just a sampling of the 60+ performing arts groups at MIT. There are also a lot of other cool arts-related things going on throughout the weekend, like:
– Next Act (they’re doing the musical “Urinetown” this year), Thurs/Fri/Sat 8-10pm @ Next House
– Steel Pan Jamboree, Fri 3-5pm on the Student Center Steps
– All A Cappella Extravaganza, Fri 4-6pm in 34-101
– SAAS (South Asian American Students) Culture Show, Fri 7pm in Kresge Auditorium
– Battle of the Bands, Sat 7:30-9:30pm in Lobdell Dining Hall (2nd floor Student Center)
– Emerson ScholarRecitals: violinist Tanya Goldhaber ’10 will be performing Fri 12-1pm, and pianist Sarah Rumbley ’12 will be performing Fri 5-6pm, both in Killian Hall (14W-111)
…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg…so many cool and awesome things to do this weekend!!
Have a safe trip, and we’ll see you soon. Less than 12 hours ’til CPW begins!