MIT student blogger Paul B. '11

Pick My Halloween Costume! by Paul B. '11

Mm, crowdsourcing.

I feel like dressing up for Halloween this year, but I don’t really feel like finding a new costume.

Fortunately, I already have a bunch of things on my closet that I could use as costumes (blame the Assassins’ Guild).

Unfortunately, I’m hosed and indecisive.

Conveniently, I have a blog (and a penchant for adverbs).

This calls for crowdsourcing!

Prospective MIT students and blog readers of the world, your mission (if you choose to accept it) is to pick my Halloween costume. Voting will last until Saturday, October 31, at noon. I will actually wear whatever costume you pick, so choose wisely. :)

Your options are…

25 responses to “Pick My Halloween Costume!”

And I voted for Chinese Lord!

2. w00t! Be a soldier! Motorists are so last year.

You’ll know which one is mine wink

4. Justin L. says:

Chinese Lord! Preserve some of my culture, you know. =) Nah, do it if you want it.

5. Elias('14?) says:

Hey Paul – logistics question. Not that I did this, but what’s to stop an enterprising individual from refreshing this page, or automating a bot that will vote say, 6.02 x 10 ^ 23 times for a given choice?

raspberry

6. Coca-Cola

or

Nurse

7. Elias: There is a longstanding MIT tradition of hacking web polls. And an equally longstanding one of either accepting the hacked results because it’s funnier that way, or ignoring them because they’re obviously falsified, depending on whether or not we like the results.

See “Why Alex from Doonesbury went to MIT”. wink (Old FAQ, search for MIT. They sadly seem to have removed the direct link page.)

8. QA (14'?) says:

let’s wear nothing. Every one gets naked LOL =))

9. nmk says:

i said miley cyrus..

10. makesense says:

Chinese Lord!!! (I’m slightly biased since I dressed up as a Chinese emperor last year for a WHAP Mongol trial debate) :D and had a lot of fun with it smile

Definitely Ron Weasley!

12. Chinese Lord, yes! My culture! As an inhabitant of Earth of course, because I actually have no connection to China other than that. Well, I love chinese food if that counts…

13. Oh Paul…you realize that if you dress up as the Chinese Lord you will undoubtedly look like that one dude from Kill Bill…

14. FuLanKe says:

I’m in China so I picked Chinese lord! BTW you could also try the assassin’s costume from Assassin’s creed.

I really strongly reccomend you (Paul) dress up as a Samurai Tooth Fairy. It’s never been done in the history of halloween before. I swear. You’ll stand out… just like MIT wants =)

Sorry –> Correction: **recommends**

Sorry –> Correction again: **recommend**

I have DSPD (sleep phase disorder) okay, it’s normal for my brain to malfunction at times [jk] =)

18. L says:

i voted for snively.

19. MIT parent says:

What ever you choose, please post a photo of you in it.
    BTW I vote for leather jacket (motorcyclist)

20. Hurshal says:

Techno Viking. No contest.

21. NathanArce says:

You should, without a doubt, dress as Shawn Westerdale.

22. John says:

What was the winning costume?

The winning costume was the changshan (Chinese noble costume). I’ll post photos, vote counts, and so on soon!