MIT student blogger Celena C. '12

Before MIT goes APE, I learn how to eat dumplings FAST. by Celena C. '12

...or at least learn how to morph into a dumpling eating machine.

I should be studying for my 1.00 and 3.091 exams right now…but I’m not.
It has been a while since I uploaded a video, I have a lot of footage…but it needs to be edited. So get ready for an entry filled month!

While you wait…
Jenny recently blogged about CSC banquet. She showed you the end of the show…and here is how we kicked off the beginning of the show…

* Please excuse my lack of acting skills :P

Credits to Travis Newsad ’10.

27 responses to “Before MIT goes APE, I learn how to eat dumplings FAST.”

how inspiring

2. AKS says:

Yayyyyy 1st!!

Hope most of the guys waiting for their pi! day can kick off the same way, +add some acting to it sliced with exclusive fun :D>

Good Luck.. (Prayers for all)

Celena you are adorable
    i love you

4. B says:

I loved the video smile

5. Ev says:

adorbs! adorbs! <3

6. tree says:

Wow, besides some lighting work, this is hilarious (laughing ’till stomach hurts)…

7. tree says:

One more thing–> Go Pokemons!! (It’s okay that I am 18 and still watch cartoons right?) haha

8. Val'14? says:

You are soooo cute!
    Very nice for a debut.=)

9. Mohammad'14 says:

aww man that was such a cute video!

10. Caio ('14?) says:

WOW, amazing video!

11. Caio ('14?) says:

WHAT?

CELENA IS EVOLVING!

12. Funny,
    I loved it.

How many dumplings did you end up eating while shooting?

13. Edgar says:

That was really funny! how long did it take to get the film done?!

14. Armin says:

This is the funniest blog entry I’ve ever seen without a shadow of doubt, Well done.

15. Oscarj says:

integral( Celena and companions´performance, time, 0, 7.56 )= OO fun or (infinitely funny)

blog readers expect more!

17. Armin says:

Ms. Mulan, did you just flushed away your brass rat?

18. C2 says:

Alrighty, you get an F, along with the “you suck”… lolz, that is very funny. DUMPLING EATING CONTEST! I love dumplings! However, I don’t get what that have to do with you boxing and running O_o. Wait, I think I know why the Japanese hot-dog eating champ is so skinny now. LOL! Good acting all the way, until the end… no real dumplings (T-T)…

19. Raghu says:

An ‘F’ with a ‘you suck’, fake dumplings, with drama acting, Celena EVOLVES into a guy with an “I love food” shirt (not to mention devolves again)???

EPIC!

at 5:27, it looks like the person in the background is wearing no pants

21. Armin says:

@anon
    Nice vision! May be it’s a hack (enter MIT as a newborn)

22. Celena says:

@ Andr√© – I ate a total of two. The max I could fit in my mouth was two. Albert ’12, the guy I evolved into ate 10. Actually, we didn’t have enough dumplings…so he actually “ate” the same 10 dumplings over and over again…(well more like stuffed them into his mouth 10x).

@ Edgar – Filming took 3 days, over 12 hours I think…definitely have a better appreciation for film-making now. raspberry

That was great. I almost wish you could’ve beat that guy without transforming into a man but it was funny nonetheless. There were some really pretty shots of the dome in there, too. props!

what the??? Did you put some king of Moon stone in the dumpling in order to evolve =))? That’s really hilarious ^^
    the part when you got your exam back both seems and sounds awful. Like you were terribly ran over by some sort of train.
    anyway, besides some minor mistakes in acting or so, this is a pretty cool video. The very first part which lasts til the girl found out about the contest is seriously just like any Hollywood’s movie trailer. Impressive, you guys rock MITers ^^.
    by the way, it’s nice to know MIT students know how to hack a Pokemon game like I do. XD

25. DJ Yu says:

Celana

verygood movie! i like very much. did liza get my happy birthday email?

thanks you

dj

26. Carlos Reyna says:

Dear MIT crew (students, teachers, etc.):

I want to join MIT because I feel that I can, I believe that you can do everything you want, even if you have a
    .000001 % of success, my actual situation is this: economicly my father’s company is sued for 200,000.00 USD, we don’t have
    that money, emotionally, im dieing inside, my father has hipertension, high blood pressure, and he is in a threath of death by doctors
    and a lot of more experienced people, anyway I found the way to get along with this, and to be the best engineer on mechatronics
    in the whole world, and I know that I can do it with dedication and efforts, risks and sacrifice, actually I am an student of “Tecnologico de Monterrey”
    and I have the support of my best teacher PhD Sergio Sedas, my parents, my friends, and some unknown people, I know that I can do everything I want,
    so why being the best person in Mexico if I can be the best in the world, I like to create, inovate and improve things, I hate ignorant people, and I love to help them
    I want to make the world a better place to be for me and for every single person and thing, I like animals, I like trees, I can do everything on my way to do the
    things I want, if it worth it, even if I die in the process, maybe you can think I’m crazy like a lot of people think, but the truth is that crazy people rule or ruled the world
    like Albert Einstein, Thomas Alva Edison, Guillermo Marconi, Galileo Galilei, and uncountable people I can name, so I hope I can get in to your classrooms and make the best
    I can with you and me, and if I can’t do that I will keep figthing, theres more universities like harvard, yale, princeton, the one I’m suscribed right now, etc, so if
    you help me to acomplish my goals, thank you, If you don’t, don’t worry, I will do it anyway, the world is mine as it is of every single living being.

Carlos Guillermo Reyna Torres.

27. Carlos Reyna says:

very nice video by the way, I love it.
    and I love chinese and japanese food too (: