First of all,
Welcome to the MIT Family!
3. Go on Facebook. Now. Join this group. Go “Facebook official” with MIT! ;)
14. Sometime soon, Matt will post a blog about Admission statistics. It’s always interesting to see how you fared (especially since this year was AGAIN the most competitive class ever – well, no surprises there!).
15. Sometime soon (on Tuesday), The Tech will publish an article about admissions this year, and it’s always an interesting read. (there’s already an article about it – they’ll probably keep updating it?)
92. Keep your eyes peeled on the myMIT portal. Sign the guestbook to introduce yourself to your peers if you haven’t already, and keep watching for things since the portal gets updated for new information (if it haven’t already!). Eventually, the portal will include all kinds of cool things like CPW Registration, meetings with local MIT alums to congratulate you on your acceptance, Overnight Visit form, and of course, your MIT Reply Form.
653. Plan what to do with the Official Copy of the Admissions Letter that will be coming soon to a postbox near you. :)
5,897. Let any of us know if you have any questions about MIT at anytime! We’re always here to help. =p
9,323. Stay by your phone (yeah, the one you put down on your application) beginning at 6 PM (local time) TODAY, the 16th, and you might receive a very mysterious phone call.
84,626. Check. it. out! boo-yah!
795,028. Let your teachers (especially those who wrote your recommendation letters) know about the good news! They were part of your epic journey, and I’m sure they’ll be very happy to hear news from you. :D
841,971. Take some time away from fretting (especially since you’ve been doing it since January 1 =p) – and just take it easy for awhile. Spend some time with your parents, go out to a movie with your friends, and relax! Take the time also to enjoy your senior year classmates. Just like High School Musical 3, you’ll all be graduating sooner than you think.
6,939,937. GET PUMPED for Campus Preview Weekend! (CPW) So I never got to come to CPW when I got in, but after going through the my last CPW (which is also my first, along with the ’12s), I can tell you that it’s a crazy experience that you don’t want to miss if you can. :D Since it’s basically just a month now, get your plane tickets early if you want to come! Also, if your parents are coming along – make sure to get hotel reservations (MIT has discounts with Marriott – you’ll probably get more information about this in the package with your official admission certificate that you will get soon in the mail =p)
It’s been a long journey, eh? :) Again, congratulations!
A Japanese radio station once conducted a survey on what songs describe the joy of getting an acceptance letter. This was number one on the survey. I found an English-subbed version, so have fun! =p
Ââç„ÇíÂêë„Åë! (face forward!)