MIT student blogger Paul B. '11

Lost, Hosed & Confused by Paul B. '11

I got hacked today.

You know how in Saturday morning cartoons, there’s usually some guy who ends up with the proverbial “Kick Me” sign on his back?

Well, that happened to me today. After my 24.900 lecture this morning, I decided to take a brief nap in the student lounge off of the Infinite Corridor. When I woke up I found someone had put this sign on me:

LOST, HOSED & CONFUSED
IF FOUND, PLEASE RETURN TO SKULLHOUSE
A REWARD MAY BE NEGOTIATED

Basically, I got hacked.

Can I just say I love this school? :)

27 responses to “Lost, Hosed & Confused”

hahahha, that’s beastly

2. 47... says:

Once, I fell asleep in my closet at a sleepover (I’m a pretty early and heavy sleeper), and my friends wrote on an index card: “Will work for food”, placed it next to me, and took a picture. It was pretty hilarious, though not as funny as your sign.

3. the milk and cookies …
    i heard there’s an MIT frat called the milk and cookies frat or something like that…does the picture have to do with that?

or maybe i’m just crazy haha

4. Paul says:

@Bobbi: The milk and cookies was just a random, yummy image I found on the Internet. smile

you mean the lounge with the awesome green sofas? :D

6. wendi says:

That is completely awesome xD.
    What *is* the skullhouse though? A frat?

^ That’s what the link is for.

8. Vytautas says:

Being hacked in the outer world (not MIT related people) is a shame. However at MIT – it’s a fame smile

9. Liz says:

‘The milk and cookies frat’?
    Can there be ANYTHING COOLER THAN THAT?
    Oh…right, course 8. :D

10. Another Liz says:

Awesome random hacks!

Just when I thought that I couldn’t love MIT any more than I already do…

11. Cam says:

Paul, are you talking about that nice green circular couch area next to lobby 10? Or elsewheres?

12. Paul says:

@Cam/Anon(5:29): Yep, that one. Someone should probably take some photos of the lounge and blog about it at some point, actually…

@Wendi: Yes, Skullhouse is the nickname of my fraternity (officially Phi Kappa Sigma). The skull is one of the fraternity’s symbols.

@Liz: Course 20 >> Course 8. Just sayin’. smile

13. ilyanep says:

Hm, I wonder how they hyperlinked a sheet of paper wink

14. LH says:

paul that is beautiful.

p.s. be a man, call it by its proper name: the green lounge. also, when are you coming to senior haus/4HNC? (or was that email a lie?) keri and i still live here, you know.

15. Cam says:

@Paul: Yeah, it’s quite a nicely photogenic spot. Although all the tourists going by never take pictures of it, because the infinite and killian are so much more… tourist-picture-y.

is there anything more trivial you can blog about?

17. Keri says:

“But yeah, I’ll definitely be stopping by 4th HNC sometime soon. smile

Lies. You said that like a month ago. <3

@Anonymous: I think this trivial blog post tells a lot about student life at MIT

1.) You can sleep in public without getting your stuff stolen.
    2.) If you sleep in public you may get your dignity stolen.
    3.) The joke was hilarious and more importantly, appreciated.
    4.) Dude, Paul, you need to get some sleep, man. ):

19. Paul says:

@UHHHHH: By “dual credit” I’m going to guess you mean classes taken at another university. MIT is reasonably flexible regarding transfer credit, as long as the coursework meets some reasonable standards. The guidelines for the class of 2012 are online, if you want to look.

You can also earn credit for courses by taking Advanced Standing Exams, which are offered at various times in the year.

Finally, MIT’s current Advanced Placement and International Exam guidelines are also online, if that helps you.

@LH: The Lobby 10 lounge is actually named the Community Lounge, although I never hear anyone call it that. The (Ida) Green Lounge is actually in 54-915. raspberry

But yeah, I’ll definitely be stopping by 4th HNC sometime soon. smile

20. UHHHHH says:

Random Question About The Application For Paul. Does Dual Credit Count As AP, O-Level, or A-Level?

21. Banerjee says:

God that’s hilarious!!! Although personally, I wouldn’t be too pleased with the one who did that.

22. June says:

hahahah that’s very funny.

hmm…naps at random places seem so common to MIT students (I feel like I read lulu’s entry about sleeping at her counselor’s office not too long ago…)

23. Reena says:

Course 12 > Course 8 >>>>>> Course 20

smile

24. Elisile says:

Cool…

Is this what MIT is like? Fascinating indeed~

25. Paul says:

Abhilash: As long as you send the forms in (postmarked) by the application deadline, you will be fine. However, you can fax your forms if you wish to 617-258-8304 (although you should probably send hard copies by postal mail also).

26. Abhilash says:

Hi Paul,
    I am from India.I recently came to know that I’ve to go to Japan in a cultural exchange programme in few days.However my teacher evaluation forms and school reports are not yet done with.Since I’ll return after 10days,I don’t think my forms will reach MIT in time.Is there any faster way to send the forms.Can I fax it(or scan and mail) and then send the original by mail??? Please help.

27. DODO says:

WHERE ARE THE MIT EVALUATION FORMS???????? CANT FIND THEM ON THE SITE ANYWHERE