MIT staff blogger Mikey Yang '05

Too Good to Just Tweet About by Mikey Yang '05

Hello blogosphere! Yes, I'm still alive and tweeting (@MikeyMIT)...

Hello blogosphere! Yes, I’m still alive and tweeting (@MikeyMIT). The reading and selection period has been intense as ever this year, but I promise as we approach mid-March, I hope to have some more blog updates.

Just saw this article/video on CNN of Prof. Cynthia Breazeal, who works at the Media Lab here at MIT. She gave a talk at the TEDWomen conference on personal robots – some pretty amazing stuff here! It’s so amazing, I couldn’t just tweet about it – I had to post it on the blog, too.

Maybe one day personal robots will deliver valentines to our doors… (that was my uber-clever way of saying “Happy Valentine’s Day!”)

7 responses to “Too Good to Just Tweet About”

1. Valart says:

Very inspirational. I will send a link of this to my son’s robotics team.

2. Shahriar says:

Woah …….really, this video made that future filled with robots fantasy of mine feel really close……….simply awesome and inspirational !

3. Vivek says:

Aside from the general awesomeness of the video, I’m wondering if this qualifies for the “Shortest MIT Admissions Blog Post of the Year”award…

4. Wow!

I recently decided I wanted to study Artificial Intelligence at a post-secondary institution. This inspired me even more. I want to walk around the MIT Media Lab one day and just see people at work. Great post! Happy Valentines Day!

Also, I followed you on Twitter. Hope to see more interesting updates such as this one smile

5. Mikey says:

@Vivek: It’s like a twitterblog. smile

@leethebard: me too! that one looks awesome!

6. Gaurav says:

“For me! Robots are all About People”…………
    That was really touching! I loved it!!!!!
    Get me one…….. ☺

7. leethebard says:

Fascinating…I need the robot that helps with diets!!!!!