COVID-19

Learn more about how MIT Admissions is responding to COVID-19 in this blog post from our Dean and new dedicated FAQs.

MIT staff blogger Mikey Yang '05

Too Good to Just Tweet About by Mikey Yang '05

Hello blogosphere! Yes, I'm still alive and tweeting (@MikeyMIT)...

Hello blogosphere! Yes, I’m still alive and tweeting (@MikeyMIT). The reading and selection period has been intense as ever this year, but I promise as we approach mid-March, I hope to have some more blog updates.

Just saw this article/video on CNN of Prof. Cynthia Breazeal, who works at the Media Lab here at MIT. She gave a talk at the TEDWomen conference on personal robots – some pretty amazing stuff here! It’s so amazing, I couldn’t just tweet about it – I had to post it on the blog, too.

Maybe one day personal robots will deliver valentines to our doors… (that was my uber-clever way of saying “Happy Valentine’s Day!”)

7 responses to “Too Good to Just Tweet About”

1. Valart says:

Very inspirational. I will send a link of this to my son’s robotics team.

2. Shahriar says:

Woah …….really, this video made that future filled with robots fantasy of mine feel really close……….simply awesome and inspirational !

3. Vivek says:

Aside from the general awesomeness of the video, I’m wondering if this qualifies for the “Shortest MIT Admissions Blog Post of the Year”award…

4. Wow!

I recently decided I wanted to study Artificial Intelligence at a post-secondary institution. This inspired me even more. I want to walk around the MIT Media Lab one day and just see people at work. Great post! Happy Valentines Day!

Also, I followed you on Twitter. Hope to see more interesting updates such as this one smile

5. Mikey says:

@Vivek: It’s like a twitterblog. smile

@leethebard: me too! that one looks awesome!

6. Gaurav says:

“For me! Robots are all About People”…………
    That was really touching! I loved it!!!!!
    Get me one…….. ☺

7. leethebard says:

Fascinating…I need the robot that helps with diets!!!!!