MIT student blogger Chris S. '11

When Words Are Not Enough… by Chris S. '11

Come see why I almost failed elementary drawing. Free of charge!

Real blog to come after Thursday.

Off to watch the elections (and you should too), toodles!

20 responses to “When Words Are Not Enough…”

Why is it that the urge to blog when completely hosed is so much higher than the urge to blog when not hosed?

2. Colton says:

Snively: Because most humans are hard-wired to avoid work. Even those that work hard to get into MIT still fall back into this cycle of procrastination. It’s inevitable. And those that don’t procrastinate…I don’t even think they exist.

3. Ehsan says:

@ Snively: Because when your completely hosed you need a break from it all to do something you enjoy and/or takes your mind off your work.

4. Chris says:

Snively you totally wasted a great opportunity to say first!

5. Colton says:

Snively: Congratulations on not being a troll!

Ehsan: It only becomes a problem when you get carried away and forget about your work.

6. Anna says:

Just curious: Has MIT conducted its own poll on the election? If so, who won? Was there any overwhelming majority or was it too close to call? Thanks.

7. Harish says:

Completely off-topic: looks like Ca.,. that other institute of technology… got its own admissions blogs. http://caltech.typepad.com/

8. Colton says:

Harish: Ah, but Caltech’s blogs are run off-site. Are they that lazy not to set up and maintain a simple blog on their own servers, even with blogs like WordPress and Diario available?

9. Ahana says:

ChrisKCD? Awesome smile

10. Joanna says:

Good day smile My name in my SAT registration is
    Joanna but my whole Name is Joanna Marie. Is this
    going to affect my application to MIT? Thanks smile

11. deng says:

nice energy vs knowledge depiction raspberry

12. Harish says:

@Colton: I was thinking the exact same thing.

13. Hey Chris, how do you like 7.03? Why did you choose 7.03 this semester over 7.02?

14. Muz says:

@Joanna: I did about the same thing, slightly shortened name, much shortened surname, but MIT successfully matched my SAT scores to my application. UNSW on the other hand, totally screwed it for a month and forced me to take the IELTS as well >:/

@Colton: Heh, ironic that while I should be going back to work, something tempted me to look at the MIT blogs raspberry I believe any human who lacks the procrastination instinct has gone extinct because (s)he spent too much time working and not enough time socializing, thus, failing to mate.

colton – what makes you think mit’s blogs are hosted on-site?

@ bio major – I decided to take 7.03 since it’s a lecture course and I was going to be taking a slew of other courses at the same time. 7.02 is a big time commitment and I would just do it next semester when I’m not on so many credits.

17. Raj says:

Hey there can you people of MIT just persuade a “Real” international student I mean someone with no previous connections to the US blog for MIT. Well, Chris you’re fine but what I want is to see a real “alien” blog about MIT.
    – Raj;from Thimpu…that’s in Bhutan( South Asia)