Why no blogs!? by Snively '11

I'm busy, ok?

Why no entries lately? Because MIT’s Freshman Orientation is in full swing and everybody on campus is crazy busy. With what? Stuff like the East vs. West Water War from yesterday.

Photos courtesy of our ever-friendly photographer Eric Schmiedl.
Video courtesy of yours truly.

17 responses to “Why no blogs!?”

1. Edgar says:

That was just awesome, Snively! I appreciate that you decided not to take part in the fight but instead, you decided to film it for the blogs!

2. Tiffany says:

EAST CAMPUS TOTALLY WON THAT.

3. Omar says:

Haha “no blogs.” What do you mean? You have four entries on the home page right now. tsk tsk, you and your extraordinarily high standards :p Fyi, dodgeball on the MAC court is super fun.

4. mohit says:

Seems like a lot of fun!! Hope I’m there for it next year!!

5. Ivan says:

Wow, that looked like fun!

Did any of the students make their own water gun?
    Are there any “wars” like this between MIT and other universities or between fraternities in MIT?

@Snively
    Did you participate in last years war?
    What side are the freshman on if they haven’t decided on dorms, or by this time everyone has already decided?

6. Ahana says:

I hate everything?!
    A derivative of IHTFP?

7. Aditi Verma says:

Yay class of 2012 smile

8. Rebecca says:

I have a really quick unrelated question…sorry. how hard are the classes at MIT? I mean, i know they’re hard, but is it like taking an entire courseload full of AP classes? or do they cut you a little slack? or is it even harder? about how many classes do you generally take a semester?

9. Omar says:

@Rebecca – I obviously haven’t had much experience with the difficulty of classes here since I haven’t started yet, but from what I’ve heard, you have more time to do what you want. The classes are arguably much more difficult than your high school classes, but you normally only take four so it is manageable. Freshman year is limited in how many classes you can take. First semester we can only take 54 units (12 units being a class) and spring semester we can only take 57 units. Of course, if you qualify for sophomore standing by the end of your first semester than the spring semester 57 unit limit no longer applies. I’ve heard of people eventually taking between 7-10 classes a semester. You end up doing this though and you’ll not have time for anything but studying.

10. Shion '12 says:

that water war was so FUN!!! it ended in a matter of minutes, but it was worth it!

11. Li'12 says:

Oh snap! I’m in the second photo smile

12. Ester says:

If only this has happened while MITES ’08 was still on campus….

13. Dear Snively,
    In two weeks, I’m launching a website, bostontparties.com, which focuses on Boston and its goings-on told through the eyes of its young. Most of my writers are still in college, but I haven’t found one from MIT, and I was wondering if you knew of anyone who might be interested. The position would be pretty easy, and fun -4 short posts a week on upcoming events, restaurant/boutique/cd/movie/club etc…reviews, interviews with interesting Bostonians or fellow classmates, and I can offer college credit. Can you think of someone who might want to do this?
    Regards,
    Claire

I wish our first day of school was this fun =(

15. Alex says:

Wow. The water wars look intense! raspberry

@ Omar
    thanks so much for your response. i will admit to stressing over a mostly all AP senior course load, and i was starting to wonder if maybe MIT was too much for me. but i had forgotten that there is more “free” time, because generally classes arent every day, and there are fewer classes. thanks a ton :D