MIT student blogger Mitra L. '07

XC is Sexy by Mitra L. '07

I first saw the slogan “XC is Sexy” on the shirt of a 12 year old, and I figure if it’s appropriate for him to wear it, it’s okay for me to blog it.

On Saturday, I went with some friends to Franklin Park, in Forest Hills. (For you subway people, we took the Red line to Downtown Crossing, where we switched to the Orange Line and took it until the end.) We made the trip to cheer for our friends on the MIT Cross Country teams. (Men’s & Women’s)

Here we are with our dear friend, Spencer ’07. I’m going to mix it up a bit, and give people’s living groups instead of majors. Tina ’07 (light pink) lives in Baker House, and Christina ’07 (hot pink) lives in Spanish House.

Here, Christina hugs Kevin ’07, who lives in Burton Conner (like all the cool kids.)

Another race

Here’s Joe ’08! (You may recognize him from Sam’s blog).

Go MIT!

The MIT tent, not to be confused with the tents for the Amherst, Bates, BC, Brown, BU, Colby, Dartmouth, Hartford, Harvard, Tufts, UConn, UMass, Vassar, or Yale runners. (This was a big meet.)

Here’s Ben Schmeckpeper ’05. I don’t know him, but Tina is friends with him, so I suppose this is okay. Anyway, he is a former winner of the New England Division III Regional Cross Country Championship race. (He had great legs.)

11 responses to “XC is Sexy”

1. XC! says:

I run XC in HS. and it is SO sexy.

2. HI

That Header is brilliant. What font did you use for the MIT’s acronym? Something i have never seen before, but have talked about is the hand written font you have used in your header.

GO…MIT…

TIMOTHY

3. Jessie says:

Wow, that brought back some memories of high school cross country…the crowning jewel of masochistic sports.

Quasi-random Franklin Park story:

Adam and I got lost this summer on our way to the Franklin Park Zoo… we got off the T at Forest Hills and got on the #16 bus, but we didn’t know where to get off so we never did, and we ended up going all the way to Andrew Station on the Red Line. And I didn’t get to see the gorillas at the zoo and I was sad.

But we did end up finding a T-accessible Target store, so all was (mostly) well.

5. Leon says:

I’m currently a crosscountry athelete at my high school, and I enjoy the sport very much. Do you know if the MIT XC team has a website? I am interested in knowing more about it. Thank you.

Leon

6. Ruth says:

I didn’t get “XC” until I read the first comment. I guess I don’t equate “running competitively” with “cross country.”

How did MIT do at the meet?

7. XC! Yes! Great sport. My sport! Go runners!

8. Dave says:

GO MIT! Bear Cage Hill at Franklin Park sucks majorly. Oh look it’s raining, as it does at every single Frankin Park XC meet; rain, snow, sleet, hail, some type of precipitation. I was supposed to be running in the Brown Invitational today with my HS team, but it got cancelled. Anyway, I hope MIT did well, any idea on their times?

9. Amanda says:

Cross Country is definitely a great sport, tough to watch though. Way to support the team Mitra!

10. Mia says:

Wow, those Varsity women’s times are pretty fast (well, compared to my high school’s usual times). Do you know what the JV times are like?