MIT student blogger Chris S. '11

You’re Still Our No.1 :) by Chris S. '11

less than 2 days left!

QUOTE(S):

“If I have kids, I’m going to name the first one “Control” and the second one “Experiment.””

-an embarrassed ’12

“Can anyone help me eject my device?”

-an embarrassed ’11 guy

Good luck with decisions, everyone! :D

WHY ART HISTORY IS AWESOME

LIST OF ALL ALLUDED WORKS

TAKE 4.601 HERE AND BE AWESOME (AND CULTURALLY LITERATE!)

While we are on the subject of speeches – for all to-be valedictorians, this is a great commencement speech. So is this one.

So it’s a week before spring break. I’m super stressed. I don’t know what is going on in one class, or make that three. I just took a test and I’m not sure whether I failed or passed. But I just know that I tried my hardest to fill in the blanks. And my history classes cheered me up. :)

BUT LIFE IS GOOD. LIFE IS ALWAYS GOOD. :D

GOOD LUCK WITH PI DAY! ^_______^V

31 responses to “You’re Still Our No.1 :)”

1. PD'14 says:

first!!! great blog anyway

2. wow! i’m surprised to see BoA here smile

3. R.J. says:

That first quote made my day, although it’s not making these two days any shorter!

4. Ammar'14 says:

Assuming the embarrassed ’11 guy was talking about ejecting a USB device from a Windows box here’s a tip:
    use Process Explorer to find the handles pointing to the device and fore close them.

Of course knowing that Chris here is a Mac guy (the dark side!) I doubt this is related.
    —-
    I never thought I’d say this but my history class really did cheer me up too. such a scary thought.

btw, someone suggested I go to a certain CC thread to feel bad about myself, well they were right, now I do feel bad.

5. Camille '14 says:

I loved the first music video. And I took art history, so the second video is amazing!

6. Howie says:

If Mac is the Dark Side, then Windows is the Souless-Black-Void Side ;P (Yeah, I’m a total Linux nerd here….. :D)

Thanks for the great baby name ideas, I’ll make sure the write those down.

Only two more days, I can’t wait :D
    If I get in, me and some friends are going to take a road trip up to Cambridge over Spring Break… Don’t get ruining my Spring Break plans now, MIT!
    :D

7. Armin says:

Chris, History video was very interesting and I watched Steve’s speech before, but what was the other speech? I couldn’t get the language guy was speaking (confused)

@Howie Cheers for Linux, though I’m a newbie to Linux

8. Olivia says:

@ Anmar and Caio:

I suggest that you never go to College Confidential. That website can be terrible for your confidence because the majority of the posters boost their “stats” (as they call them) in order to make themselves feel more impressive. The result is that you search the site to receive some admissions/scholarships information, and you end up feeling terrible because of all the unrealistic expectations the posters there create. Even after working as hard as possible for four years, I felt pretty awful when I saw it until I realized that it does that for everyone.

On another note, I really loved the first quote on this blog. The best of luck to everyone here anticipating tomorrow’s decision! Regardless of what happens, know that all of you have worked so hard and deserve some great news. smile

9. sara says:

I believe that I’ve done great and that I’ve tried hard and maintained my balance between having a life and college applications..

I won’t even feel bad if I weren’t accepted.. I can always transfer or try again.. but to me, you can take not being accepted by keeping in mind that maybe you weren’t accepted because you’re waaay above MIT and MIT won’t be able to do u any good!!

I just hope MIT makes the right decisions

10. Caio ('14?) says:

Well, Sara, I WILL feel bad if I don’t get admitted. But I’m clearly aware of my extremely small chances and I’m ready to move on.

I’m thinking about my ’15 application since the beginning of the year. I’ll be probably trying a transfer.

11. Caio '14? says:

@Ammar

The whole point of CC is exactly that. People lie to screw their rivals’ self-esteem. THEY SCREWED MY SELF-ESTEEM! :(

12. Ammar'14 says:

@Howie
    I’m more of a Linux guy than a Windows one (how many Windows users do you know refer to a PC as ‘box’? other than SysAdmins of course), but I can’t say I’m a Linux fanboy either, those tend to view Bill Gates as the next worst thing since Hitler and Windows as the absolute darkest pit of the computing world XD

@Olivia
    I only visited it once, but I’ve read enough to know that I should heed your advice, Thx

13. Dawn Estep says:

O yes CC’s horrible. I’ve seen people saying they’ve got 3 Olympiad subject medals! international! omg!!

I think I cannot sleep tonight and the night of tomorrow. even I want to

14. Arpit says:

it’s not death but the fear of death ,men stands upon …..

15. I think that Hollywood should makes a film mission immossible 4 : getting in MIT

Who support this idea
    – – – – – – – – – – – –
    ———————–> ?
    – – – – – – – – – – – –

I think that Hollywood should makes a film mission impossible 4 : getting in MIT

Who support this idea
    – – – – – – – – – – – –
    ———————–> ?
    – – – – – – – – – – – –

17. Sreyan says:

Don’t go by CC. There’s tons of fibbers out there. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best tomorrow. That’s the best thing we can all do now. Going on CC and obsessing over the INSANE applicants and their achievements will not help. If we’ve done the best we can, and put in our heart and soul into our application, we shouldn’t have any regrets.
    All the best once again everyone!! smile

18. Armin says:

@Mohamed Amine Mhedhbi

I guess it’s not impossible for more than 100 international students, about 20 transfers and more than other 1500 students to get in each year.

Recently, Hollywood made a movie knowing-2009 which in Nicolas Cage is acting as an MIT Professor.

@Ammar’14
    Bill Gates is not that sort of thing, it is just that every turtle you see on the planet were originally rabbits and had been transformed by the time they’ve been touched by him .

DON’T GO TO CC.
    DO NOT.
    NO.

20. oasis '11 says:

^ hypocrite. smile

-hypocrite

In about 25 hours, ALOT of people are going to hate MIT very much…

22. Armin says:

Ha Chris S

Did you know guys that Chris is on CC and his ID is oasis?

P.S: Bill can also turn a cheetah into a sloth.
    There was a little rabbit on bliss (though cannot be seen in the valley picture), poor rabbit turned into a sea turtle by the time vista was released.
    Wait till you see what the cheetah of Win98 will be in later versions of Windows.

23. Caio '14? says:

Steve Jobs can turn tigers into leopards :(

24. Which part of College Confidential forum makes you so pessimistic? I was there and there is maybe one thread about MIT (with little content).

Regards,
    Szymon

25. OK, I’ve found it already smile I wouldn’t say reading CC is really depressing.

Regards,
    Szymon

Chris, I do believe that the people who said those things wouldn’t mind if you actually used their names raspberry

27. Steve Jobs at Stanford. I loved that video. Also a reminder why I will forever be an Apple fanboy.

28. SS3 Gaara says:

What is this CC everyone keeps talking about?

29. val_val says:

the first quote was funny smile
    i enjoyed the all the videos
    boa the first quote was funny smile
    i enjoyed the all the videos
    boa <3 i love them, my friend is taking art history i’m going to show her the video (very entertaining!), as for the speech i liked it a lot smile it made me think about my own life

<3 great job can’t wait for your next blog!
    ^^!

CC is the worst thing you can do to yourself. Half of the stats on their are very overinflated, and even if they were real, it does very little other than make you pessimistic and depressed. I recommend just taking it easy, if we get in, we get in, if we fail, well there is always another choice. I remember when I got myself hyped up over the EA decisions. I was miserably stressed before, and I was just depressed when I got deferred. Trust me, it just isn’t worth it.