MIT student blogger Anthony R. '09

Poaching Imagination by Anthony R. '09

Just a few more hours.

In just a few hours, you’ll know whether or not you have the option of spending four years at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Yes, that’s right. In just a few hours, a simple flick of a cursor, a click of a mouse button. Many childhoods of anticipation will come to an abrupt end. No more hope, no more setting up webcams in mailboxes, no more dreaming about big envelopes the way you used to dream about reindeer.

You’re just going to know.

19 responses to “Poaching Imagination”

1. Phil says:

Finally, someone confronts the binary reality.

You’re in, or you’re out. Plain and simple. Hopefully I’m the former smile

2. C Minh says:

It is a painful feeling. I can not do anything this day. Waiting for the enchanted moment.

3. Dapo says:

Webcam in mailbox? Who does that? For me I’ll wait till Monday or Tuesday. Good luck to my fellow applicants.

4. Justine says:

I feel like I’m waiting for a golden ticket in a Wonka bar.

Thanks for the entry. Open honesty calms me.

5. Ceci says:

This is the most eloquent post I have read yet.

6. Timur Sahin says:

:D!!!!!!!!

Yes, I took the digital path, and I know, and I am so incredibly happy right now…

7. Anthony says:

Dapo, there was a student back in MIT ’08 who did that (he was accepted). smile

8. Christine says:

I have to admit, there was nothing quite like the rush of sitting there pondering whether to click the button.

9. Edward says:

This is a great post!

yeah…nice to come face to face with reality…without all the lace and frills…just the plain, bare truth. Thanks for acknowledging it:)Good Luck to all of us!

11. nicolo says:

Indeed a very true observation. Good luck to everyone, I hope we’ll all get to meet this fall smile

12. dyzzy says:

Hey Anthony, I failed MIT. =(

It was great meeting you back in, uh, October(?) but I guess I won’t have the pleasure of being your dorm mate. I really was going to try to be in your dorm; all of you in Third East are the most awesome people ever.

13. Catherine says:

I think someone else said this already, but “Oh, snap.” I’ll still come visit you sometime anyway. =)

14. Hanlu says:

I absolutely agree: This is the actual bridge between childhood and adulthood; between a basketful of jolly surprises and a basketful of depressing disappointments.

Try visiting India next time.The mosquitoes are waiting for you!!!!!

Wow talk about giving people a dose of reality. You are corrupting the young pre-froshies who are full of excitement! Can I suggest something more cheery next time around….

17. Sandy says:

Paper pwns.