Psycho kitten, que’st-ce que c’est? by Sam M. '07

Settling a long-standing question in the midst of finals week.

While everybody else pores over equation sheets for 6.041 or 10.302 or 17.40 or whatever, Ruth ’07, urban planneress extraordinaire, is joyfully reminding us that although she had only one final in 7.012: Introductory Biology last week, she’s sticking around MIT until Thursday. Well, at least it’s not as bad as the freshmen on the floor who, thanks to the P/NR system, have spent the past week playing Final Fantasy X on the big screen in our floor lounge. Anyway, thanks to the apparent lack of finals in the department of urban studies and planning, she’s exploring new and diverse artistic endeavors that MIT students typically don’t have time to do, including mural painting, knitting, and now… apparently, like, needlepoint or something:

thing.jpg

So, just wondering–not for any reason or to settle any argument or anything…

What do you see when you look at this shirt?

21 responses to “Psycho kitten, que’st-ce que c’est?”

1. Shannon says:

Well…. um….. a blue lady bug? Maybe?

2. A snake coming out of an egg while eating an egg. Or something like that.

3. Alex says:

a cat playing a drumset?

4. Kristin says:

Definitely a dragon.

5. OH! I see the drumstick-wielding feline! That’s cool.

6. Sam T says:

I see a cat playing a drumset.

7. Bryan says:

It looks like that water pokemon, Squirtle.

8. Jane says:

uh, well, I’m definitely getting the image of a frog here. With horns. And maybe it’s playing a drumset, maybe it’s not. Definitely not a cat.

9. James says:

I see a pretty chubby dragon.

10. Teck Lee says:

A butterfly with a huge belly.

11. Melike says:

Well at first I thought it vaguely resembled a turtle, but I can totally see the cat with drumset.

12. nehalita says:

a devil-like animal turning off a ringing alarm clock

My best friend, Premed

14. Shen Huang says:

A demon cat with an unconventional color sense.

15. Anne says:

Not at all ! Its a cat : half angel ( see the wings ? ), half demon ( see the horns ? ) representing a mixture of good an evil, present in our everyday life !!!! Got it ?

It gives me Pokemon flashbacks, because that thing so looks like a Squirtle.

17. Edward says:

A blue devil-like creature, weird.

18. Steve says:

Just wondering, what does “que’st-ce que c’est” mean? I love that Talking Heads song but I have no idea what it means, Thanks!

19. Chandi says:

Steve, “que’st-ce que c’est” is French and translates to “What is it?”. smile

Indeed, Chandi is correct. I actually remember reading a David Byrne interview once where he admitted that all the French in “Psycho Killer” is actually just nonsense words that he took out of a phrasebook.