The only living boy in New York by Sam M. '07

I get all the news I need from The Colbert Report.

DID YOU KNOW? The traditional wedding march is from Wagner’s Lohengrin.

Thanks to Zach for that random fact at the suggestion of a “barbarian wedding.”

There’s going to be a great entry about all the fun Mitra and I had in New York last weekend, but I’m not going to write it until tomorrow. And you don’t get to read it unless you vote. Now, I did my part by voting against Rick Santorum on a beautiful sunny Wednesday last week in Killian Court, but since then all my Google News feeds seem to be telling me stories about getting out the vote at the grass-roots level, I’m going to do my part here too.

So if even ONE registered voter currently residing in their US voting district reads this entry and then doesn’t vote today, I’m not going to post anything about New York. So don’t ruin it for everyone else, okay?

Trust me, I’ll know!

8 responses to “The only living boy in New York”

1. margie says:

Elsa! chyeah~

2. Brandy says:

I’m not voting! Barred by law ya know. :( Maybe I should pull off a “Susan B. Anthony” and demand my voice be heard. She quoting “citizenship” or is it “representation of tax dollars” these days. In any event, I have both on my side. I work, pay taxes and I was born in the great state of the political debate (New York), where Susan B. Anthony is a New York sister of mine, right? Well, enough of my voting misfortune, how was New York? Did you run in the marathon? It looks like you’re a runner from the photo above.

p.s. I promise to vote next year. smile

3. the nosy says:

I just had to wonder(knowing that it is none of my business)

Are you and Mitra going out?

4. I get a big kick out of telling my friends that I’ve been considering music for my wedding (I don’t even have the bride picked out yet), and I’ve decided that I want to have the Wedding March from Lohengrin played as the bride walks down the aisle. Most of the time I just get blank stares.
    I’ll bet that the first people who used that in their wedding were crazy Wagner geeks. Just a thought.

5. Ruth '07 says:

The only races I keep up with in Georgia are Governor and Senate, and the Governor I want was winning by 50% in the polls, and there was no Senate race, and I was too lazy to deal with an absentee ballot for a legislator I never heard of. Turns out, Georgia’ fighting 8th is one of the closest races. Noo!
    Go old white guy! Beat old white guy!
    Sorry readers

6. Kenneth says:

heyyy. i’m in Georgia as well. it was really rather timid around here, though.
    and as if there were other places to get THE TRUTH.

7. Mike says:

Sam I live in PA too…let’s just say Santorum isn’t coming back.