MIT staff blogger Latasha B.

2020 Admitted Student Gatherings by Latasha Boyd

Get a vision of your future at MIT

With Campus Preview Weekend just a few weeks away (sign up here if you haven’t done so already), early spring is an exciting time for the MIT community. Newly admitted students have received their acceptance letters, current students are getting ready for spring break, and admissions officers are celebrating the end of application season. Also, this year it looks like the lingering winter weather has finally left us…but don’t quote me on that.

For all the newly admitted students out there, we hope you are pumped for what the next few months have in store. It all really begins next week. We’ve been working with our incredible team of Educational Counselors and other great alumni to put together admitted student gatherings to help welcome you to MIT. Starting this Saturday (March 19), MIT alumni from around the world will host get-togethers in their hometowns for students admitted to the class of 2020. These gatherings offer fantastic opportunities to meet some of your potential future classmates, as well as connect with MIT students and alumni. Click here to see if there is a party near you!

Here is a little taste of some of the events scheduled this week. For a full, detailed list of events and locations, check out what’s available in your MyMIT portal.

Saturday:
Sing-along in San Diego with one of MIT’s very own a cappella groups, the Logarhythms

Sunday:
Grab a slice of deep-dish pizza in Chicago as you chat it up with new admits and alums

Monday:
Enjoy an authentic Philly cheesesteak in the City of Brotherly Love

Tuesday:
Check out the iconic Space Needle with some of MIT’s finest in the Pacific Northwest

Wednesday:
Explore the Long Island High Tech Incubator with a few of your future classmates

Thursday:
Attend one of our largest admitted student gatherings in the Big Apple

Friday:
Meet some other members of the class of 2020 in the state where the Wright Brothers first took flight

Saturday:
Visit one of the local theme parks to celebrate your acceptance after meeting alums in Orlando

Be sure to check the listing on your MyMIT account for the most up to date information and RSVP if requested.

Everyone here in the MIT community can’t wait to meet you. Congratulations and welcome to MIT!