MIT staff blogger Latasha B.

Admitted Students Welcome Events by Latasha Boyd

Your first MIT experience is closer than you think

I hope you’re all getting excited for Campus Preview Weekend coming up in April (sign up now if you haven’t already)! We know you’re excited to meet other new MIT admits so we want to let you know about some exciting opportunities for Admitted Students coming up in cities around the globe. We’ve been working with our fantastic Educational Counselors and other great alumni to put together admitted student gatherings to help welcome you to MIT. Beginning this Saturday, MIT alumni from around the world will host parties in their hometowns for students admitted to the class of 2019. If there’s an event in your area, you should check it out – they’re a great opportunity to meet some potential future classmates, as well as MIT students and alumni.

Here is a taste of a few of the events this coming week. Check out your MyMIT portal for a comprehensive list of all events being hosted this week as well as the locations and times of the events listed below.

Saturday
• Soak up some SoCal sunshine for an afternoon get-together in Santa Barbara

Sunday
• Down a slice of deep dish pizza in Chicago while chatting it up with new admits and alums

Monday
• Enjoy some ocean views while kicking back with your new MIT classmates from the 305

Tuesday
Put a bird on it at the admit gathering in Portland, OR

Wednesday
• Explore the Long Island High Tech Incubator with your future classmates

Thursday
• Attend one of our largest admitted student gatherings in the city that never sleeps

Friday
• Sip on some sweet tea during an evening with our North Carolina admits and alums

Saturday
• Live that aloha life with your fellow Hawaiian admits at a gathering in Honolulu

Sunday
• Have a peachy keen time with the other new admits in the ATL

Be sure to check the listing on your MyMIT account for the most up to date information and RSVP if requested.

There is a whole MIT community that can’t wait to meet you.

Congratulations and welcome!