And I am telling you I’m going by Sam M. '07

And you, and you, and you, you're gonna love me.

DID YOU KNOW? The highest ever cricket batting average of all time was 99.94, logged by Donald Bradman of Australia over an illustrious 20-year career.

Well, I sure enjoyed my month home in Harrisburg, although you wouldn’t know it because I blogged only about things that happened at MIT. Sam’s Mom and I are headed back for Boston tomorrow morning trying to avoid the deadly ice storm. After that I’ll be taking 10.391: Sustainable Energy for the next two weeks. I’m too lazy to link to it right now, but it’s a really intense course: 9 days, 9 hours a day, 9 units. I can’t wait!

Stay tuned for tales of my audition for The Amazing Race, the world’s largest indoor farm show taking place in my backyard, a special MIT guest in Harrisburg, an 800-pound butter sculpture, and, of course, Groker.

18 responses to “And I am telling you I’m going”

1. Aaron says:

I I <3 sustainable energy

Oh, Groker.

That book was awesome.

3. Samiur says:

Haha I love cricket, my favorite sport (being from the indian subcontinent). So I knew that. By the way, Bradman got a duck (meaning he did not a score anything) on his last innings, and if he had scored just 4 runs, he would have retired with an average of a 100! Bad luck, but he still the greatest batsman ever.

GROKER COULDN’T LIVE

Gosh! I knew it. smile

6. bhushan says:

i tooooooooooo

7. Adam S. says:

Wow, 10.391 sounds pretty intense! 9 hours a day? That’s pretty crazy.

Groker… That was a contender for a name for Bryan’s fish!

Looking back, it seems you suggested that name, Sam.

Hmm… I’m getting curious, now. Can’t wait to hear about it.

-Adam S.

8. Adam S. says:

Just thought I’d add 1 more thing. The open bold tag distinguishes your blog. Don’t fix it! grin

9. Mikey says:

OMG you auditioned for the Amazing Race?!?!?!? I must hear about this right away.

“Haha I love cricket, my favorite sport (being from the indian subcontinent). So I knew that. By the way, Bradman got a duck (meaning he did not a score anything) on his last innings, and if he had scored just 4 runs, he would have retired with an average of a 100! Bad luck, but he still the greatest batsman ever.”

Yeah…but he was Australian…and we Indians don’t like Australians (although it doesn’t take a team as good as Australia to beat India at the moment…)

11. Groker says:

I love the waterl.

12. Grocer says:

I love the snow.

13. Elizabeth says:

the course’d be even more awesome if it were 10 days, 10 hours, 10 units. That would make it match chemical engineering.

14. Sharon says:

Sam–excellent blogging.

I’m a south central PA local (Carlisle…not nearly as illustrious as the ‘burg, but, hey, you can still get to it on 81-South, even with the renumbered exits) currently workin’ and livin’ in Boston; I stumbled across your blog this afternoon while pretending to do the former *ahem*…that is, while doing the former and also managing to find space to search the webernets for some sort of “fun with Parafilm” site that would tell me how to, for instance, recreate Mount Rushmore with the trusty and marvelous Parafilm I have at hand. I may not have found that, but the search for Parafilm-infused fun brought me to your blog (the third result from typing ‘Parafilm’ and ‘fun’ into handy-dandy Google), which brought me to your FABULOUS entry on Ina Garten.

On a conclusatory note, thanks for a lov’ly afternoon =).

15. Katherine says:

Hi Sam! I just wanted to say that you should title your next entry about Harrisburg “Sam’s Town”, after the new album from The Killers.

And keep up the blogging! I like your blog because it makes me laugh.

Blog! Zambia says hi.