Dass ein Ende mit mir haben muss by Sam M. '07

...und mein Leben ein Ziel hat.

DID YOU KNOW? Brahms started writing his Requiem when he was 23 years old.

The semester is winding down, like someone’s demented yo-yo. According to academic regulations, classes that have final exams aren’t allowed to schedule any assignments due after this Friday. So, all remaining assignments for most of my classes are due this week. That means that while the weather has been clear and 65 outside, for me it’s just gonna be overcast with a chance of you’re not going to get a blog entry this week. I want to complain, but, hey, it’s pretty much the same for ninety percent of MIT students.

So, in case I get a little verklempt, figuratively, with the p-sets this week, you all should just talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic.

The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.

Discuss.

18 responses to “Dass ein Ende mit mir haben muss”

1. Nur says:

Peanuts are legumes ^_^

2. Kallie says:

Peanuts are best when eaten as butter.

3. Colin says:

Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island. Discuss. (It was like buttah.)

4. Brianna says:

I’m from Rhode Island.

…and it’s surprising how many people actually believe it is an island.

5. Nur says:

Hawaii is an island….(feels smart^_^)

6. Shannon says:

Wait a minute… Rhode Island isn’t an island? When did this happen?!?

Kidding- really.

Yeah, I get wierd things about Michigan, too. I lived in Ohio for a while and there were some kids that actually thought it was part of Canada or something… go figure.

7. Shannon says:

Weird. Not wierd.

8. adam says:

at least most people have heard of Rhode Island and Michigan…suprisingly few USians have discovered that Guatemala is an actual country…

9. Kate says:

Great Britain has an infinitely long coastline. It must be true, my calc teacher said it while explaining what dx means. Makes sense, sort of.

10. reg says:

peanuts aren’t nuts??? ohh yeah they have those nitrogen blah things in the nitrogen cycle…

i always thought rhode island was an island.. guess i lack USA geography..

11. Kallie says:

Huh… I guess I never really noticed the “Island” part of Rhode Island.

Btw, Great Britain is a collection of islands. smile

But what is a coastline? If you keep zooming in and in and in… the concept becomes meaningless… one cannot tell the sea from the shore…

Now that I got from and 8th grade fractal video smile

13. Kallie says:

^ (*arrow up*) Right… and that was me smile

14. Jenna says:

Well, I’m from Texas and I’ve actually had people ask me if I ride a horse to school every day. My answer: No, no I don’t.

15. Nur says:

Weren’t they an 80’s hair band??

16. JKim says:

Duran Duran was neither Duran nor Duran. Discuss.

You drive on a parkway and park on a driveway.