MIT student blogger Jess K. '10

Food Truck Song by Jess K. '10

What do food trucks dream of?

MIT’s neighboring area, Kendall Square, has historically never had as many food options as some of the other parts of Cambridge, and so the area has recently become home to several food trucks – from quick and tasty quesadillas at Jose’s Mexican Restaurant to $4 pad thai at Gooseberry’s to the newest of the crowd, the fully vegetarian and MIT-alum-run Clover Food Truck, the food trucks are always been home to fast, affordable lunches from a kitchen that could technically scoot away from you whilst preparing it.

Tonight I was walking back from the T along the street where the food trucks are usually parked when I began wondering where the food trucks go after hours. Do they all go to one big parking lot together, like school buses? Maybe they go for an after-work drink at the Asgard? Maybe they go home to their wives, the ice cream truck, and spend the evening listening to “Pop Goes The Weasel” play over and over again? And so I came up with this little ditty, to the tune of Ed Helms’s “Tyson’s Tiger Song” from The Hangover. Ahem –

Where do food trucks sleep at
when they take a little food truck snooze?
Do they dream of serving MIT kids
or getting a liquor license to serve booze?
Don’t you worry your food trucky head
We’re gonna see you in the morning, Jose’s Mexican
And then we’re gonna eat at Clover Food Truck
so we can have a sandwich with bacon that’s vegan.
Veeeee-gaaaan, ohh,
veegy veegy veegy, vee-ee-eegan.
But if they raise prices to eight bucks a sandwich..
Well then we’ll go to Cosi.

I’ll be here all week, folks. (And by all week, I mean until they let me graduate. So more like until the end of May. Eating vegan bacon sandwiches.)

16 responses to “Food Truck Song”

1. Simple life of great persons

2. Jess says:

Hey IP Address 59.103.24.233, also known as the fake Jess K. from Pakistan who posted just now,
    If you’re going to impersonate me, I don’t think I’ve ever said or will say anything nearly equivalent to ‘so what. ‘It’s my life'”.. do a little research next time? smile

Thanks,
    Jess (the real one)

JESSICA KIM you have reached a new low.

JESSICA KIM you have reached a new low.

<3

4. Anthony says:

WOOO Jess Kim!
    How come you never sang to us in the suite last year :(

yah this sucks

6. jess says:

haters gonna hate.

7. cm says:

haha, this is one of those ‘i have senioritis posts’, eh?

hahahhaha, i think it was amazing in everyway! i kinda wanna sing that next time i go to clover!

8. Penultimate says:

Roll up, roll up for the ultimate chat experience at http://chat.mymit.info

haha, recaptcha = the leetiest

you are just blogging so you can get more money to buy sandwiches.

jess lemon.

10. Jess K. says:

OK then, the entry was propmted by a severe case of senioritis but so what. “It’s my life”

11. Jess says:

@Alum: oh, Gooseberry’s, etc. are still around, but Clover’s the newest (vegetarian) addition. It’s a little pricey, but sooo worth it. You should definitely check it out the next time you’re in town!

@Hungry: this photo was taken after hours when all the food trucks went away. I’ll try to get a photo of them during daylight..

12. Oh there’s a veggie one now? I miss the good cheap food from them food trucks that gave me pleasant food comas for the entire afternoon.

13. Hungry '12 says:

wait where’s the mexican food truck?