It is clear to me that I COULD NEVER WRITE ENOUGH ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS, ESPECIALLY THIS TIME OF YEAR!
I need a big favor! I am up to my neck in applications (I just want to save my wrist watch!) For this entry do you mind if we don’t discuss applications? I need to switch into holiday mode and I believe that you need to do the same. As I read your responses I’m sure that if I put a piece of coal in a chair, and asked some of you to sit on it, in 2 days flat we’d have a flawless 30 karat yellow canary diamond.
I propose 3 topics of discussion: Movies, Music, and Baby Names.
Send me a list of your top 10 all time classic movies. If you need help, I suggest IMDB.
Here are the rules:
– Each movie must be at least 7 years old
– It must be available as a rental (Sorry, that excludes Valley of the Dolls)
– You must have at least one movie from the following categories:
– Sci Fi
– Other categories include:
– No more than two movies from any one category; and sequels/trilogies count as multiple entries.
I need you list the top 5 songs and/or top 5 CD’s of all time. (You can mix and match, so long as you don’t exceed a total of 10 per genre) Here are the categories de jour:
– Hip-Hop/Old School Rap (1975 to present)
– R&B (From the late 1960’s to present)
– Classic Rock (1960’s to 1975)
– Love Songs (whenever)
– Re-Makes (whenever)
My wife is expecting a boy in the beginning of January. We are still not 100% set on a name… Here’s your chance! Name the new Nance Baby! Give me 3 good names. (Remember, this child has to live with the name, so be nice!)
Let me know what you think and I’ll post my favorites in a few days. Be prepared for vigorous and lively debate!
[Ed. note: naming Bryan’s son will not automatically get you into MIT.]