VSEPR by Sam M. '07

Google News is the best.

DID YOU KNOW? A jurassic beaver once ruled the riverbank.

I’ve had an extraordinarily busy (and short!) week that I will describe to you all in detail soon enough; for now you can check out the awesome article above which proves that even 100 million years ago, the beaver was dominating the area down by the river. Seems like nothing has changed since then.

I know this because I set my homepage to Google News. I only did that because I didn’t find out that William Rehnquist died this summer until 12 days after it happened, and also because Sam’s Mom made fun of me when I didn’t know Tony Randall died until I read the special year-end retrospective issue of People magazine.

Google News is the best.

7 responses to “VSEPR”

VSEPR: Valence Shell Electron-Pair Repulsion, gotta love organic chem.

2. Jon says:

get a personalized google homepage. My homepage has google news, BBC news, weather, email, sports, and other stuff. 100% customizable. That way, you’ll stay on top of everything? Not sure if you need a gmail account first. Just email for an invite

3. Jon says:

hopefully you can see my email address, cuz i dont feel like getting 20 emails about invites, so i dont want to post it in the text

True dat. Double true.

5. Interesting little tid-bit to know!

6. Augustus says:

Google News is…almost the best. Seconded by (my) the Google homepage:

http://www.google.com/ig

;D

7. Augustus says:

Oh, wait; sorry, I just failed to notice Jon’s posts; but there’s a link, anyways. And yes, you do need a Google account to get into it; all that requires nowadays is either an invitation or a cell phone (they’ll text you account info if you want it in an attempt to keep out commercial use).

The homepage is basically a feed reader…only Google. So also with Gmail or little Widget-like add-ons.