MIT student blogger Lulu L. '09

Where are you going, where have you been? by Lulu L. '09

Prelude.

Prelude.

In light of the halfways, quarterways, three-quarters-ways done with MIT posts that have been popping up left and right and the all-around mayhem of everybody waxing poetic about their life experiences hoping someone out there is reading, learning something, or just caring out of the corner of their heart a little bit from time to time, well, here’s my announcement that I’m throwing my hat into the ring with the rest of them. Nobody is startled. I’m sure. But I’m going to do it anyways. I’ve lost the element of surprise, alas, but I’ll try to make up for it in thoroughness.

Seeing as how I have two weeks of free time between now and graduation, and I’ve broken many, many promises of various entries on this and that in the last years, I’m embarking on a multi-part project called “Where are you going, where have you been” named after a rather creepy (but incredibly good) Short Story, the context of which has absolutely nothing to do with what I will be talking about (unless you’re a lit major or you have a particularly sinister view of what I’m trying to do here), I borrow the title because it’s beautiful. It’s ambiguous. And it pertains to these entries on a superficial level precisely so I don’t have to make justifications like this along the way. Go figure.

Anyways, I thought I’d put this up tonight, because it’s 6:40am and I’m not sleepy yet, because a thunderstorm has brought in the day, because everything is so still except for the low constant rumble of the city, because my mom called to say that she was proud of me, because everything has to go, everything, because nothing is real but what you take with you, but mostly, because if I didn’t get this up now, I will probably lose the motivation in a couple of days, and this will never happen, and I think I will be sorry if that is the case.

14 responses to “Where are you going, where have you been?”

1. Chris Praley says:

This reminds me of that one Dr. Seuss book. Erg.. I can’t remember what it’s called though!

Oh the Places You Will Go?

how’d the application to the telescope go

p.s. You blogged about 8.09 awhile back… can you tell me more about it? I can’t find anyone else who’s taken it to get perspective from. Thanks!

First time first ^.^

6. lulu says:

congratulations!

do you know what you’re doing after graduation? Grad school? Job? Vacation?

8. Liz says:

Wow,
    that story IS really creepy!

9. A Parent says:

Hi Lulu,

You are my most favorite blogger and I have been reading your every blog. I will definitely miss you and your blog after your graduation. Where are you going anyway? Going for advanced study or industry. I am sure you will be doing great in both option. Good luck !

Lulu, your blog was one of the first I read when I visited MIT.edu two or so years ago. I still think it is one of the best.

Good luck on your next move! smile

11. marvell says:

RBhYNL hi! mi site is http://norffg.com
    see you!

12. 1 says:

lulu awesome story legit intense!!! the sim exchanger —–