As you know, we are hunkered down reviewing all of the MIT Regular Action Applications. Can I be frank with you? (As apposed to Bob? I’m so funny! I crack me up!) I am stressed! Reviewing admissions applications is a stressful endeavor. I know, I know! Applying to college is beyond stressful! So we agree, we are all stressed.
For this entry I propose that this blog depart from its usual cutting edge, intellectual discourse about admissions and instead transform into a cozy place where we can discuss my three favorite TV shows: Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, and Grey’s Anatomy.
SPOILER ALERT! This entry assumes that you are up to date on all three shows as of January 22nd. Proceed at your own risk…
- Is this the best science fiction show ever?
- What do you think of the idea of technological blowback? In other words, machines becoming so advanced that they reach human-like awareness and rebel against their creators?
- What do you think of the religious overtures of BSG?
- Who do you think are the last 5 Cyclons?
- Is Starbuck a toaster? Is she one of the chosen 5?
- Does anyone know where I can get a used Viper?
- Is Mr. Bennet (Claire’s father) good or evil?
- In an earlier episode we learned that Hiro couldn’t change the past. What do you think are the consequences of him changing the future?
- What do you think are Micah’s secret powers?
- Who will Simone choose, Isaac or Peter?
- What’s up with Alex and Addison?
- Will Yang and Burke work it out?
- Will Izzy ever pull it together?
- Now that Grey and “McDreamy” are back together, will they adopt another dog?
- Will Grey name him McPooch or McMutt?
Feel free to answer any or all of these questions. Hopefully, this slice of pop culture will give your stressed-out psyche a much-needed diversion. Think of it as a Double Quarter-pounder, super-sized, value meal for your mind, not your body. Look at the bright side: unlike the real McArtery Clogger, there is no need to worry about carbs or trans-fats. See how much time I saved you on the treadmill? Be sure that you can use that saved gym time wisely. May I suggest that you practice playing Dance, Dance, Revolution?
That’s enough from me. Let’s hear what you have to say.