MIT staff blogger Kellen M.

MIT EA decisions to be posted Saturday, 12/18/21, 3:14 PM ET by kellen manning

i guess the title kind of says it all, huh?

So, on Slack I asked Ella ’25 and Jenny ’25 to help me with this…and…well…here’s the announcement blog you’ve been waiting for?

kellen: Ella! Jenny! I’ve brought you both here today because i need to announce a decision date for early action, and because you are the closest in age to the 2026s and I am the furtherest from them, I want your help. Sooo, what I should say to them? 

ella: WAIT LET ME MOMENTARILY CHANGE MY PFP THEY DON’T NEED TO SEE ME  IN A MICKEY MOUSE HAT

kellen: but they won’t be able to see your profile picture…

jenny: OH mbad I was watching Minecraft roleplay

kellen: Minecraft roleplay? Like…how?

jenny: so there’s this thing called dream smp and a bunch of youtubers made up these storylines that they act out through Minecraft

WAIT IS THIS is this part of the…omg…im supposed to give reassuring words to the children and im talking about Minecraft roleplay

ella: ok i’m back

kellen: ok let’s ground this a bit…here’s the first thing everyone should know:

We will be releasing Early Action decisions online Saturday, December 18 at 3:14 PM ET.

ella: I think I have more advice on what not to do honestly.

kellen: oo while you let them know what not to do, I’ll just slide in three more bits of important information. first important thing:

To check your decision, visit apply.mitadmissions.org/apply and go to your Application Status Page. That’s the same place that you’ve been tracking your application checklist, which will now be turned off.

ella: to check your decisions, DO NOT listen to Vienna by Billy Joel immediately prior.

jenny: KHJDFG ELLA WHAT?!

kellen: second important thing:

If you need to reset your password, just go to apply.mitadmissions.org/apply, click the link to Log In, and then hit “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the instructions.

jenny: mmm i’m trying to think. The most basic tip I have is to not stress. But that also comes off as pretty insignificant advice to seniors who are literally applying to colleges.

kellen: third and final important thing: 

If you still need help after that, feel free to email us at [email protected] and a friendly guy named Grant01 please be nice to Grant or someone from our admissions team02 please be nice to them also ⁠ will be there to help!

ella: he’ll GRANT you your password

jenny: screaming and crying.

kellen: *sigh* I don’t know how helpful any of this was, but we’ll just go with it. any last words to carry on in the comments?

jenny: best of luck to the kids. do not stress. pls take care of yourself bc college application season can be a mess.

jenny: yo this rhymes

kellen: bars

jenny: also don’t stress-eat bags upon bags of hot cheetos because you’ll develop reflux…may or may not be me

ella: just remember that if you didn’t get admitted to MIT, I will personally ship you Maseeh dining until you decide it was for the best.

ella: HDJSSNSN jebby and I self promoting our stomach troubles

jenny: LET’S GOOO

kellen: well…that seems like as good a place as any to end. All that’s left to do now is wait...

1. please be nice to Grant back to text
  2. please be nice to them also back to text